Chapter 16 - Unexpected Guests

Okay.  Here it is.  I apologize for taking so long, and jumping around from character to character.  Let me know if there are any goofs.  I know that you want more Max and Rhia, but they will be getting their own chapter soon.  I hope you enjoy it!

I decided Tyler Hoechlin and Brittany Snow would be good as Brenden and Maya. 

Whoa.  I have no idea how I changed Camille's name to Corinne (and Corrine), but I've fixed it now.  If you spot any imposter names, please point it out to me.  Thanks so much, and sorry for the confusion.

**********************************************************************************************************************

TJ

It took awhile, but I finallly reached my destination. I didn't want anyone to know I was here. I parked my car down the street, and set off to see what was going on at the wedding houses.

It was good that it was still dark. The sound of my sandals hitting the pavement reverberated off of the street as I walked toward my destination. I could see it up ahead. Rhia and Max's red CR-V stood out in the driveway.

I needed to get to Lexi and convince her that she was made for me. She didn't fit with Joey. I felt terrible about the accident. If I had just focused on the road instead of Lexi, we wouldn't have crashed that night. I was hopeful that Lexi would forgive me, especially considering our history.

I saw someone moving around on the balcony. I thought it might be that Max kid. I'm still not sure how he'd managed to snag a woman like Rhia. In my opinion, she was much too hot for him. From what I hear, though, they are inseparable. It looked like he was holding a baby. I'm guessing it was his and Rhia's kid. He went back in the house, and I approached the porch. Before reaching the balcony, I noticed a couple of other people sitting outside. When I realized it was Joe and Kristy, I got cautiously closer, making sure no one saw me.

I couldn't hear much, but the conversation seemed short and uneventful. Still, why was he out here with Kristy when he could be inside with my adorable Lexi? He should be spending all of his time here with her. I only hoped this meant that things would work out in my favor.

After those 2 went inside, a guy in his late forties came out onto the deck. He looked around, as if worried someone might see him. He just stood there, looking anxious. Not five minutes later, a lady of similar age to the guy came outside. They were on each other faster than I could blink.

I wondered if they were having an affair or something. They didn't seem to be able to control themselves. They had each others' clothes off in what seemed like seconds, and they went at it for a really long time. It was both amazing and amusing to watch.

When they had finished putting their clothes back on, they went inside. I was going to sneak up there and try to find where Lexi was staying, but the same couple bounded out on the balcony again, obviously not done with each other. This was really weird, but these two were like bunnies.

I hung out for another hour or so. Then, realizing I wouldn't be getting anywhere tonight, I walked back to my car and settled down for the night. Tomorrow I would hit a WalMart, where I could brush my teeth and wash up. Lexi didn't know it yet, but I was coming for her, and she was going to love me as much as that older couple seemed to love each other.

Dane

I thought about my recent visit with my mom. I managed to arrive at her bedside about 72 hours before she passed. We were able to talk a little, and we even video chatted with Cassie and Daniel. I explained to my mom about my shenanigans with Cassie, and I was able to share my feelings for Camille with her. She was happy that I had finally found someone with whom I was equally yoked. I didn't mention the small snag with her being my therapist and all.