Chapter 14 - Just Can't Take It Anymore

Hi! Sorry it's been so long. I couldn't decide who to write about in this chapter. I know you've all been waiting, so here it is. I apologize for how long it took. Thanks for still reading!!

Pic on right is Cassie holding one of her sons.

************************************************************************************************************************

Rhia

After a long car ride with a three month old baby, we were finally back at the beach. Maya and Brenden had rented two gigantic beach houses, one for each of their friends/families. They were getting married on Saturday, and had the houses booked for Wednesday through Monday. Maya's parents had tons of money, so they were able to help with the cost.

Brenden had invited everyone, including our parents, Joey and Lexi, Tina and Jake, Brent and Cassie, Kristy, Bria and Jason, Max and me, and Max's parents, to watch Ethan while we were in the wedding. Brent and Cassie had left the twins with Cassie's mom.

Going to the beach brought back so many memories. I remembered walking into the beach house to find that Max was there with Cassie. I had been so messed up, thinking I might be pregnant with Dane's baby, then realizing Max loved me as much as I loved him. Without that beach trip, I might have never realized that Max and I could be a couple, age difference or not.

"Are you ready to go in?" Max asked, squeezing my hand.

"Yeah," I replied.

"What were you just thinking about?" he inquired.

"When we got together," I smiled.

He smiled, too. "Did you bring your green lingerie?" he asked, raising his eyebrows playfully.

"You bet," I added. "If I have to spend time away from Ethan, I'm going to make it count."

He walked around to my side of the car and got Ethan out of his car seat while I grabbed the diaper bag.

"I love you," Max said randomly.

I put my arm around his waist and pulled him closer to me.

"I love you, too," I replied, remembering my young, vulnerable Max almost four years ago, as he asked me take his virginity. I couldn't believe how far we'd come.

As we approached the house, Brendan came out of the front door.

"Hey, guys," he began. "Your room is up the stairs and to the right. I tried to give you a slightly bigger room, since you have little Ethan here."

He smiled as he looked at Ethan in Max's arms.

"Thanks," I said. "I'm so happy for you and Maya."

"Thanks," he replied. "I can't wait until the wedding is over. All this planning is so stressful."

"Yeah, I remember our wedding," I said, rubbing my hand up and down Max's arm. "I was a nervous wreck. It all turned out okay, though, and yours will, too."

"I know. I'll just be happy when the wedding is over and the honeymoon kicks in. It'll be a miracle if Maya is still sane by then," he explained.

We talked a few minutes longer, then we parted ways. Max and I walked toward our room, excited for the possibility of having a few hours of alone time within the next few days. As much as I didn't want to be away from Ethan, I wanted to have some fun with Max.

Kristy

Ugh. I was on my way to Brendan and Maya's wedding with Jake and Tina. I really hadn't wanted to go, but I didn't want to let anyone down. I knew Joey would be there, since he was the best man, and I really didn't want to see him. It was enough that he continued to haunt my dreams. I really didn't need the stress of being near him for the next few days.