Changing Alexandra--Beautiful_Rain

Title: Changing Alexandra

Author: Beautiful_Rain

Summary: Alexandra Renner is not your typical girl. Smoking, drinking and fighting, Alex is in trouble more often than not. But what happens when this law-breaking teenager is given an ultimatum? Choosing to work at a local orphanage over spending time in juvi, Alexandra hates what she was forced to do. Then she meets Lucy, an interesting, unusual girl with a shady past. Can this little girl really be the person to change the bold, defiant Alexandra? Join the former law-breaker on a journey of self-discovery and change.

Review:  For starters, I loved the summary. I loved that it was not a hot and sexy guy that would change her, but someone that she could actually get some inspiration from. So, I was looking forward to reading your story.

I read through the first chapter, and to be honest, I was a little disappointed. Alexandra does not sound like a high school student to me, but rather a middle school brat. The way she talks is simply just immature and not really reflecting the high school ‘rebel’ that I was expecting. Also, I think you should lay off the excessive number of exclamation marks—it kind of takes away from the professionalism. For example, when Alexandra says, “I have the worst parents ever! I hate them!” I’m reminded of when I was six-years-old and my mom wouldn’t buy me an ice cream cone like all the other moms and I told her I hated her the most. To fix this, if you’re in high school at least, you should replay a scene in your mind in which you had an argument with your parents or if you have an older sibling, watch their actions.

I definitely want to read on, mainly because I want to see Lucy enter the scene. But first, I would definitely go back and edit the grammatical errors you have. There’s quite a lot and it gets a bit distracting after a while, you know?