Amber Rose--MegDaniellex3

Title: Amber Rose

Author: MegDaniellex3

Summary: Amber Rose was your average seventeen year old girl, starting to drive on her own, she was almost finished with school when a sickness began to plague the world. The sickness turned all of those infected into the living dead. Those infected could turn you with a simple bite or scratch, once the virus got into a body the occupant was doomed to become the living dead. In this world it's survive or die.

Review:  Wow. The concept itself is rather gruesome and depressing, but simply wow. This was a very well-written chapter. You had a great pace and each event led to the next one with ease. Of course, there were a few things that did bother me: 

1)I this and I that. I went here. I went there. I heard this. I saw that. Basically, you had way too many I’s. Now, I know that your character was doing a lot of actions throughout the whole scene, but I think it’s possible for you to create that same image in the reader’s mind without overusing the first person. 

2)The dialogue seems a bit lost in the bulky paragraphs at times. Like you have the dialogue set, then you go into paragraph form, then all of a sudden I find quotation marks within the paragraph and I say to myself “Oh wait, there’s dialogue here?”. This goes back to sentence structure—when you go back and edit I would definitely look at ways to let every direct quote stand out as dialogue and description to remain in the paragraph. 

This was most definitely an interesting start. I liked the concept (despite the fact that it was rather gross—I mean the father and brother eating the mother?) it was different and a fresh read. I look forward to more!