Late Bloomers-DormiensDraconis

Title: Late Bloomers

Author: DormiensDraconis

Review:

I'll come straight out. I read all the Harry Potter books at least 34949203039233 times...okay maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit (okay alot!) but you understand that I read them a lot. From the beginning, I disliked Neville. He was clumsy, chubby, held a lot of fear, and just plain annoying in my opinion. And I never felt that J.K Rowling really emphasized Neville's character and his personality.

But anyway, I've also read a lot of Harry Potter fanfics. They are all the same. Draco and Hermione, Draco and some other girl the author made up, Harry and Hermione, Ginny and Draco, etc. It was all between those five characters. I got so sick and tired of all of them, that I don't think there's ONE story that I actually liked (besides "I Think I've Fallen For a Malfoy").

However, in your story, I was introduced to a more...open personality about Neville Longbottom (even his last name makes me dislike him). I loved the way you described Neville's shy but sweet personality, that despite his clumsiness and cowardliness, he is able to stand up to people and that he is a kind person.

I was introduced to a new personality of Neville and all, but there was one thing I didn't really like about your story...in the chapter "Friendship," how did Sinead hear that whole conversation? Unless she was stalking him, I don't think she has super duper ultra hearing. That was just a bit unrealistic. Ha, the irony. But anyway, that was the one thing I thought was quite strange.

All in all, it was a very interesting Harry Potter fanfic. It allowed me to consider Neville as a better character than I used to think of him. Continue writing~