Chapter 17

I dream about Billie Tré Mike and Kylie dying over and over again and there's nothing I can do to stop it. Tré wakes me up, he pecks my nose, "are you okay," he asks me. I nod my head and stand up. I look at Billie and Mike who are spread out across the floor, they're not dead. I hear the door creak open and look up. I run toward Billie and Mike and shake both of them awake. A tall guy walks into the room, he is one of the guys with the guns. "Hey," he says softly, "I know we got off to a bad start but I want to help you." I stare at him, "what time is it?" I ask him, "it's 1:20 am," he replies. He walks down the stairs and lays down his gun, "I need you to cower in fear the whole time I'm talking to you just in case any one walks in." I nod my head and start to cower..... I guess. "My name is Jason, a few years ago 'he' kidnapped my sister and me," he explains, "I wouldn't do what he said so he shot my sister on front of me after raping her, then he threatened my family. I do whatever he says now but I'm going to help you break out if here because I don't want to see the same thing happen to you but when you get out of here you HAVE to tell the cops other wise he'll come after you. He never feeds you so ill bring you food every night, you can have water but only a certain amount a day so use it wisely." Billie and Mike talk to him about it while I sit in Tré's lap. Jason leaves after a while. Billie smiles a bit, "you here that Emma, we're gonna get out of here, I promise." I nod my head, "can we just go back to sleep, I'm really tired," I say. Tré pulls me higher up into his lap and cuddles me. I don't fall back asleep but Tré and I make out for the next twenty minutes and for the first time, Billie and Mike don't make fun of us.