Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

James P.O.V

"You found her?!" I demanded.

He finally found her. I can bring her back now, back where she belongs. In my arms. I didn't understand why we were still sitting around when we knew where she was. There was something wrong though. It may have been the fact that Tuner still hadn't confirmed his findings. Or the look of doubt, or maybe disappointment splattered on both Roy and Turner's faces. Then it hit, I was getting ahead of myself and putting too much hope and belief into the only hit that we have had since we started looking for Bell. Then finally Roy's mouth started to move.

"No we don't know where she is, but we think we might have an idea. It isn't a for sure thing."

"Oh....okay so where do you think she is?" I asked softly. The slight excitement that I had experienced had already died from added sadness and disappointment.

"Okay so I hacked into all the city cameras and...." Turner started to explain.

"Wait! Don't you need a computer to hack something?" I asked.

"Uh yeah.....anyway, so I hacked into." I interrupted him again,

"Where the hell did you get a computer?"

"There's a whole computer lab in the warehouse." Roy said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Since when? Was it there when I first got here?" I asked. I don't remember ever seeing any computers in the run down warehouse and I've been in there at least ten times. I must have a lot going on in my head to totally space out a lab full of computers. I mean im not going blind, at least not that I know of.

"Oh I guess we didn't take you down there." Turner mumbled while itching at the back of his neck. One of his embarrassed habits. One that gave away that he, and Roy both totally forgot to take me down "there".

"I guess we just forgot to bring you down there." Roy said, "Weird!" he exclaimed as he started to laugh. I curved my eyebrow in a sort of disapproving way,

"Yeah weird. Okay let's stop wasting time. Just take me down "there" and explain everything."

"alrighty then." Turner said as he turned around and started walking away with me and Roy in tow.

We stopped in front of a door that I'd always thought was some kind of storage closet. Turner opened the door and it wasn't a storage closet at all. It was a stair case leading down. Roy flicked on the light and started down the steps. There were steps that were completely missing and when roy took each step they creaked loudly, very loudly. Tuner followed without any hesitation. Roy was all the way down by now.

"James what the hell are you still doing up there?" Roy shouted up.

I stared at him like he was crazy for a few seconds. Did he really want me to step on those death traps?!

"The steps look a tad unsafe." I shouted back down.

"Quit worrying, me and Turner made it down perfectly safe! Let's go your wasting time!" Roy shouted up.

That's when I stated down the stairs, if you could even call them that. I was walking with caution and taking my time....then I got too confident with the stairs. I had about five more steps to go and I had started to take the stairs normally. Then out of nowhere there was a loud crack of wood breaking and I was suddenly falling down the stairs. I landed right on my face. I rolled onto my back and let out a discomforted sigh.