Chapter twenty four

James's P.O.V

There she was. In the middle of an all out battle. She was so perfect. The hope in all this mess, and she was completely unsafe. Out in the open where she could get shot! What in the actual freak?! She was laying on the floor limp. For all I know she could already be shot, who knows?! I ran up to her, bullets flying. I could care less if I got shot on the way to save the woman who I thought was dead for sure not too long ago. She was a mess. she looked dead. she was black and blue with bruises, mud dirt and blood smeared everywhere, and so so skinny, deathly skinny. This wasn't my Bells anymore. She didn't have that glow. The one that lit up her whole face and made my days. She was broken, and damn me if I wouldn't do everything and anything to get her back. she was breathing, there was still a chance I'd have my Bells again. Thats when there was a click and a barrel of a gun pressed to the back of my head. Now what I didn't expect was the voice yielding that gun, never in a million years.
"Stand up and don't try anything that would make me shoot you." Tommy said. Little Tommy, the newbie, the one who always followed me around to get pointers on how to be a better presidential guard. Little Tommy was pointing a gun at my head. It was now only a matter of who was gonna die. Him or me? I slowly stood up and then I grabbed his hand that had the gun and kicked at his legs. I was on top of him now. I had the upper hand. did he really think I'd get this far to be with the woman of my dreams to just get shot in the head. who am I kidding, he must not be very smart. he's the one whose going against the president. Roy off in the distance took my attention away and Tommy got a side punch in, knocking me over. He grabbed Bella and started to run with her. She was screaming. I'm assuming because of her injuries. I saw the gun laying on the ground and had no hesitation as I pulled that trigger and Tommy went down. The bullet had hit him in the back of the head. Right where he almost got me. Bella tumbled to the floor unconscious. Roy made it over to me. Everyone had backed off. I don't think anyone knew of Tommy's plans. Thats reassuring.
"Alright everyone, shows over!" I called out as I scooped Bella up into my arms. I just held her as Roy took on command, telling agents what to do. He prepared a car for me to take Bells to a safe house. Supposedly it was the same safe house as her parents. This will be interesting.

Bella's P.O.V

I felt comfortable? Nice and soft surface? really rested? This didn't add up. I wasn't supposed to be comfortable. Was this another horrid dream to tease me? I started to open my eyes to escape this dream. I couldn't let my self hope and dream like this. I only had a few more days then I'd see James again. It would all work out. The light was blinding. Blinding? The basement where I'm at is not lit up? I opened my eyes wider and tried to move around. it wasn't easy. my legs weighed a ton and one was up in the air. They were in what looked like casts. I turned my head and realized I had excruciating pain in my rib area and it was hard to breath, but I realized that I was no longer a prisoner. I was free. that's when I heard a snore from across the room. I looked around a room that didn't look like a hospital which was weird, but I guess perks of being the presidents daughter. Then I saw him, James. he was beautiful, that's the only way I could describe him. Mouth agape, totally relaxed face, pure, not tense and always on guard. his eyes opened and he leaped up.

"How long have you been up?! Are you okay? Do you need anything? Oh my god, I can't believe your awake. I love you." he rattled out.
Then he was just silent. he just stared at me.

"I love you to." was the first thing out of my mouth. "How long have I been out?"

"About four days, going on five. I'm so glad your awake, I've been so worried." he sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Baby I'm so sorry. I should have saved you sooner, should have tried harder to make sure you were safe that night. Its all my fault. I shouldn't have left you alone that night with Potts. I shouldn't have trusted your life with anyone other than me.... I'm so sorry." he had tears streaming down his face and he looked so broken.

"It's not your fault. not once did I ever blame you for anything. No one could have guessed Potts intentions. Its not your fault. Don't you ever think that ever again. It wasn't you, it was all her. I love you so much. You saved my life." I choked out. "You didn't just save me physically either. You were all that I thought about. You are the only thing that kept me going for so long." I paused...... "You were the only thing that kept me from taking my own life." I looked down in shame as tears fell.

"Oh Bells, don't cry. I can't bare to see you cry in your state. I'm already loosing it on how hurt you are. baby don't cry when I can't hold you." James said as he kneeled down beside my bed and looked into my eyes. "I can't wait to wrap you in my arms and never let you go. You just have to heal first. I'm never letting you out of my sight again. Ever."

"I'm glad. I can't wait to feel safe again. I just want to be held and never released." Thats when my stomach decided to growl. I giggled.

"Ahh, I love that sound." James said as he grinned. "Lets get some food in you. what would you like? Anything is on the menu." he assured.

"Soft bread." I murmured.

"What?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"I'll explain it someday." I promised.

"Alright." was his reply. "Whenever your ready, I'll be waiting and ready." There was a pause he was getting nervous. "ah one more thing, I found your uh, your letter."

I blushed crimson. "Every word was true."

"Even the part about seeing a future with me?" He asked.

"That was the truest fact."

James started fumbling around in his pockets and pulled out a box. he opened up the box.

"Isabella carter I love you. Your the only woman that I could ever see myself settling down with. I think about you a the time. you plague my thoughts. I dream about you. I wake up in the morning hoping to see your smile light up my day. I will always protect you from this day forward. I will never let anything like this happen to you again. your mine. Thinking that I had lost you all this time. I, I felt like I was going to die, and I didn't care about that. If I couldn't have you in my life I had no desire to live on without you. So Bells will you, will you marry me?"

"Yes." I breathed out. he leaned up and pressed his lips to mine. They were so damned soft. A moan slipped through my mouth. James smiled and pulled off. "I love you." I said as a ear to ear grin spread across my face and I groaned because of the injuries on my face.

"I love you." he replied then frowned at my pain. "let's get you taken care of, doctor and food." Thats when he got up to leave.

I panicked. "where, where are you going?! Please don't leave. can you have someone else go for you. I don't want to be without you right now. please just stay?" I cried out. "Please." I brokenly pleaded.

His face was so heart broken. He looked so sad. he took two long strides back over to my bed. "If that's what you want, I'll stay here forever. I'm so sorry this happened to you." he looked down in shame like he was blaming himself again.

"What did I tell you about blaming yourself? Don't."

"It's hard not to, when it could have all been stopped if I would have just stayed by your side like a bodyguard should have done. When there were plenty of other agents that could have saved your dad. You were my responsibly. Your hurt because of me."

"I refuse to believe that. Your an amazing man and even if you believe that crap, I never will. I can't, your too good for me. Your everything I've always wanted and so so much more." I lifted up my arm and tugged at his shirt hinting that I wanted him closer. "Just kiss me already and stop thinking about the what if's." that's when he leaned in again and stole not just a kiss, but my heart and soul too. That kiss promised me forever and always. Kisses like this were all I'd ever need.

A/N
I think there is going to be one more chapter. like a future thing to just show where they go from here. I plan to rewrite and make this book better one day, so keep and eye out. I also plan to write a whole new story. I have lots of ideas. don't worry though. there won't be any waiting on updates, because the next book I post will be finished before I post the first chapter. like I said in the last announcement its better that way, for both you and me. anyways I hope this was a good chapter. I'm so very sorry it took so long. please VOTE AND COMMENT. thanks so much guys. you really make my days.

Xoxo Lindsey

It won't be as long this time for the next part. I promise that.