Chapter 31: Permanent.

Jessica's POV

"The doctor called..."

This is what Brian and I have been anxiously waiting for. We finally had an answer. I could see the panic in his eyes. He started to ask a bunch of questions before I could even finish what I was saying.

"He has the results from your test? What did he say? Is it bad? Its cancer, isn't it?"

"Brian, it's okay. Please calm down," I tried to tell him. He was starting to hyperventilate, and I didn't want him to have a panic attack.

"Just tell me what the doctor said," he insisted.

"Well, first off, I don't have cancer," I told him. I know that was the thing we were most concerned about.

"You don't?" Brian asked. He took a deep breath, looking extremely relieved.

"No. I don't," I confirmed.

"Then what is it?" Brian asked. He realized that although it wasn't cancer, it could've been something else that was serious.

"The doctor said that my cysts were just larger than normal. But he prescribed me some new pills. As long as I take them, everything should clear up on its own," I explained to him.

"So... you're going to be okay?" he asked.

"Yes, Brian."

"Baby... that's the best news," he said.

Brian rushed over to me, squeezed me into a tight hug, lifting me off the ground. He then proceeded to attack me with his lips, kissing me repeatedly. Brian was so relieved, and his way of showing it was to shower me with affection.

Then Brian pulled away slightly, and I was shocked to see tears begin to flow from his eyes. But he turned away, not wanting me to see him cry. He rarely displays this kind of emotion. And I don't think I've ever seen him cry. Lately, I've been the one with my emotions all over the place.

"It's okay, baby. I'm not going anywhere," I said, as I gently wiped the tears away.

I didn't like seeing him cry, but maybe that's what he needed to get his feelings out. I felt so guilty for having to put him through all this. I felt like I had been a burden to him. It couldn't have been easy for him to sit back and watch all of this happen to me. But the fact that Brian felt comfortable enough to cry in front of me showed that he truly trusted me. At this point in our relationship, we could share anything with each other, without fear of being judged.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get so emotional. I'm just so glad you're okay," he told me.

"You don't have to apologize. You don't have to keep everything all bottled up. It's okay for you to cry," I assured him.

This had been such a difficult time for both of us. Some nights we would stay up all night just talking because we couldn't sleep. Then there were other nights that I just wanted to be held by him. But now that we've gotten through this, I know that I knew that Brian and I could survive anything together. Then I started thinking about where we were just two weeks ago.

"Brian... can I ask you something?" I asked once he had stopped crying.

"Of course, Jess."

"Do you still want me to move in with you?" I asked, with some uncertainty.

Before any of this happened, I had agreed to move in with Brian. I was initially hesitant because I worried that once he found out my secret, it would break his trust. Maybe now he would have second thoughts about living with me. But, as it turns out, I was wrong.