Chapter 22: Costumes?

Jessica's POV

It was only the beginning of October, but Brian had already started talking about Halloween. It has always been his favorite holiday. I loved seeing him get so excited, especially since he was a little depressed since retiring from the fire department. But the thing he was most excited about was our costumes. Brian convinced me that we should wear couples' costumes. It was probably the day of the year that Brian really cared about his outfit.

"I'll do whatever you want," I told him.

"So you're going to let me dress you in whatever I pick?" he asked me.

"I just have one condition. Can I at least be a person that I know and not some random comic book character that I've never heard of?" I asked him.

Brian had such an extensive knowledge of comic book characters, but I didn't know nearly as much about that world. I didn't want to go out on Halloween, and not even know who I was supposed to be dressed as. I envisioned someone asking me about my costume, and not knowing what to tell them because I had no idea where the character came from.

"That's fair. I can work with that," he agreed.

Brian and I went through a few ideas, from wrestling couples, to superheroes, and other comics book characters. Basically, anything he could think of. I was a blank canvas for him to work with.

"What if you were John Cena and I was Nikki Bella?" I suggested.

They were a wrestling couple, but they were also both a part of the reality show Total Divas, which was one of my guilty pleasures. Cena was this big, burly guy, while Bella was a petite, but strong woman. I thought it would've been a perfect match for us.

"Ehhh... not feeling it," Brian said.

Not that I was offended, but I was kind of surprised Brian dismissed the idea so quickly. One of the reasons I suggested it was because Nikki Bella usually wears revealing outfits, and I thought Brian would love seeing that outfit on me.

"You don't want me to shake my ass like Nikki Bella?" I asked, pretending to be insulted.

During her entrance, Nikki Bella would shake her booty as she turned around. It was very sexy, but I always appreciated how she was still a strong, powerful woman.

"No. I can't have you doing that in front of people. Otherwise, I won't have a girlfriend anymore," Brian said.

"Don't be ridiculous. It would only be for you, babe," I said, winking at him.

-----

"What about Harley Quinn and the Joker?" Brian suggested.

We had seen the movie Suicide Squad together a few weeks prior. So, I was at least familiar with Margot Robbie's portrayal of Harley Quinn.

"You don't get enough of being a Joker at work, you want to be one for Halloween too?" I teased him.

"I just think you'd be even hotter than Margot Robbie. Plus, you'll be a Quinn one day anyway, so it'll be good practice," he said, with no hesitation.

When he just casually said that I'd be a Quinn, I was completely taken aback. Marriage is something we haven't talked about yet. I had barely thought about it myself. But when I did think about it, I would be hesitant to bring it up, especially with Brian's dating history. I would've never wanted him to feel pressured, especially this early on in the relationship. At that point, we had only been dating around two months.

"What did you just say..." I asked him, just to make sure I heard him correctly.

"I'm going to make you a Quinn one day," he repeated, confidently.