[35]

new zealand
6:00 pm
jennie' POV

i exit out of the airport as i breathe in the air of new zealand, i missed this place so much. this is where namjoon and i grew up but then we went back to korea after we found out that i passed my audition for yg and he passed his audition for bighit.

i sat on the bench outside the airport, waiting for my mom to pick me up. i texted my brother that i was already here. taking in a deep breath, i looked up at the clear blue sky. just looking at it makes me so positive.

there was a very loud honk, i instantly turn my head around to see what it was and it was a very familiar car. i slowly stood up from the bench, squinting my eyes to see who it was. the car door opened and the person who owned it got out.

it was my mother! i grab my suitcase and run up to the car. i ran into my mother's arms, hugging her really tightly. "jennie.. i missed you so much!" she says as she pats my back, i feel like bursting into tears knowing that my mom is here.

she pulls away from the hug and smiles at me, "i've been great, mom.." i say as we go over to the trunk and place my suitcase in there. we both got into the car and my mom started to drive. i'm guessing the drive was about an hour.

the ride was a bit silent for a few minutes but then i eventually bring up a conversation. "so, mom.. how are you doing?"

"great!" she replies cheerfully as she was focused on the road, "when's your new comeback releasing?"

"i think in about 2 weeks?" i say with a questioning voice, not sure about when the comeback is releasing. i take a deep breath as i look out the window, cars speeding past us. "i'm pretty sure you're going to be as successful as your brother once you comeback."

i giggle at her statement. "yeah.. sure, definitely." we both laugh, i miss moments like these with my family. since my dad ran a business, he was never home and always traveled the whole world. my mom, namjoon and i would always make jokes. the memories..

"so i've recently talked to namjoon and i heard you have a boyfriend?" she gets all excited, just remembering about taehyung literally ruined my vibe. i look at her with narrowed eyebrows.

"it's.. V right? kim taehyung?"

i secretly roll my eyes, hoping that she didn't see. "mom. we broke up just recently.. haven't you seen the news? he got back with his ex!" i shout with an angry tone as my mom glances at me with a shocked expression.

"what?! so.. he cheated on you?" she says in a really shocked expression, "yep!" i shout, sounding as if i were on the verge of tears. i held my tears back and looked out the window.

"j-jennie.. i'm—"

"mom, it's fine." i cut her off with a fake smile as i rest my head on the window. my eyes started to get droopy and i went to sleep.

one hour later

"jennie.. we're here." my mom pokes my cheek, my eyes started to flutter open, i look around to see the neighborhood i grew up in. i immediately get out of the car, getting a view of the house. a huge smile started to form on my face as i looked at the house i grew up in.

gosh.. i missed this place so much.

my mom comes up to me with my suitcase in her hand. we both go to the front door as she unlocks it with her key. as we got inside, the lavender scent of the house filled my nostrils. i missed this house so much. i placed my suitcase right by the stairs and ran into the living room, jumping on the couch.

"mommyyy I missed this place so muchh!" i squeal, with my voice full of aegyo. she starts to chuckle, "i know you did.. i cooked you some kimbap, do you want some?" i shook my head as i got up from the couch. "i'm gonna head to the beach but I'll change first."

my mom nods her head as i headed upstairs, bringing my suitcase with me. as i got into my room, i jumped onto my comfy and fluffy bed. my room gave me a little aesthetic vibe since there were fairy lights hanging around the room.

i rummage through my suitcase, trying to find my floral romper. as i found my floral romper, i change into it. i put my hair up into a ponytail, headed out my room and went downstairs to go to the front door. "mom..! i'll be back in an hour!" i shout as i slowly twisted the doorknob, "okay!" she replies as i put my flip flops on, heading outside.

the beach wasn't far from here, it was only a 6 minute walk. the beach is where i think about things and rant to myself as i watch the waves crashing onto my feet. it's normally empty so i just sit on the sand thinking about things when i'm really upset.

six minutes later, i got to the beach. it was so pretty since the sky was very clear. i ran up to the shore and sat down in the sand where my feet could reach the water. the cool water crashed onto my feet, it was so soothing.

all i thought about was taehyung right now.. how he tried to come back to me.. flashbacks from a few hours ago just haunted me. i hate the fact that he just tries to come back to me when he replaced me. i let out a sigh as i looked at the shining sea. it was very breathtaking to see.

as i kept watching the sea, letting out all my feelings to myself,

i felt a hand go on my shoulder.