[32]

*flashback*
a few weeks ago
7:30 pm

tae enters inside the bangtan house since he just came back from blackpink house. as he entered, he saw bang pd-nim and irene sitting at the dinner table with each other. he narrows his eyebrows as he sees irene. irene looks at him and gives a little wave. tae responded by rolling his eyes.

"bang pd-nim? hey!" tae exclaims as he heads over to the table, standing right next to him. he places his hand on tae's arm. "taehyung! you're finally here! alright, so.. we have a plan."

"what is it?"

"you're going to date irene. but you guys have to pretend. you guys have to go on dates, hold hands and do what couples do!" bang pd-nim says cheerfully. tae glances over at irene, who was smiling from ear to ear and then he looks back at his manager, giving him a dirty look.

"what about jennie?"

"ah, this is only to bring red velvet and sm's fame up. taehyung, you're going to have to keep this a secret. jennie's going to have to find out that you're 'dating' irene."

"i can't do this.." tae says shaking his head in disappointment as he plops himself down in the chair beside his manager. he tilts his head, raising a brow. "you have to." tae's manager starts to get a bit angry, tae kept shaking his head.

"i love jennie, you know that right? how am i supp-"

"you can't refuse taehyung, you have to listen to me.. i'm your manager." he shouts, taehyung just replies with a dirty look, "pd-"

"you MUST accept."

tae bangs the table, making it shake a bit. he looked away from the two, because they were waiting for an answer. "fine.. i'll accept." taehyung mumbles as bang pd-nim and irene's expression gets brighter.

"thank you, tae! you guys will start right now. but we'll confirm that you guys are dating in a few weeks. start hanging out with each other! it's time for me to go now, have fun you two!" he says really quickly as he headed out of the house.

the room gets really silent until irene starts to clear her throat, about to speak to her now "boyfriend."

"taehyung.. baby.. i miss—"

"irene, don't think we're anything special because we aren't. i'm only doing this for the sake of bighit and my career, got it? and don't address me with those names. i still love jennie. go home because i think bang pd is waiting outside for you so you can go back to your dorms." he states out with the coldest tone as he gets up and storms off upstairs into his room.

irene slowly got up from her chair, feeling a bit hurt. she shoved her feet in her shoes and walked out of the house, gently closing the door.