Chapter 28

"Why are you still grumpy?" Daze asked as he placed a paper bag of sour snacks right at the table

"How am I supposed to know?" She groaned in annoyance and massaged her temples with her fingers "Did you get what I was asking for?"

Vivian was waiting for Daze in their backyard. She was having her usual quiet day, sitting on a white high back beach chair, and just staring at the clean pool.

Daze nodded and sat next to her "Apple green flavored candies, sour cream chips, green apple and candy tamarind" he said, placing his hands on Vivian's shoulder giving it a nice squeeze "Seriously why are you asking these things so suddenly? You never liked sour stuffs and I had a hard time looking for tamarind candies"

Vivian slapped his hands away "Can't I just simply asked for some things that I want?" She grumbled and took a bag of chips from the paper bag "Don't complain, you're not busy anyway" she said, opening the plastic bag and started eating her sour cream chips. Vivian smiled as she tasted the satisfying saltiness and sourness in her tongue "This is good"

"You're acting so cold" He suddenly commented, pretending that he's hurting "Don't you want chocolate ice cream? I just bought ice cream and put them in the freezer. Do you want me to get it?"

Vivian looked at him "Is it sour?"

Daze's eyebrows met "Should they be sour?" He asked, with a hint of sarcasm in his tone "No, it's chocolate ice cream! Your favorite!"

Vivian grimaced "No, I'm not eating chocolate for now. I ate one last friday and it was awful. It made me nauseous!"

Daze shrugged and just stood up "I'll be inside, eating the ice cream" he went back inside the house, went to the kitchen where he saw Janine cleaning the kitchen counter "Have you noticed any strange about Vivian?" He asked

Janina stopped cleaning and looked back at him "No, did something happened?"

"She harassed me to get her something sour but she hates sour foods. I asked if she wanted ice cream" he opened the fridge and took out a small cup of ice cream "and she just declined. Usually, she'll kill me for ice cream. I'm used of seeing her crazy sweet tooth than this" he said and started eating the ice cream, leaning on the kitchen counter

Janine's eyes narrowed a little, as of thinking "Now that you mentioned it. She's getting a bit fatter these days"

Daze scrunched his face "Really? What does that mean? She's eating too much? Am I spoiling her too much?

Janine smiled knowingly at his remark. She shake her head and said "No, master. I was trying to say that she might be pregnant"

Daze's face flushed in embarrasement. They mostly have sex whenever they have time. He was pulling out, but last month?

Daze placed his cup down as he suddenly choked with his own saliva. Janina was quick to get a glass of water, she gave it to him and have him drink it with one gulp.

"I take it you have a feeling that she's pregnant?"

Daze looked at Janine "Could be. Call Heliot and ask him to reserve a consultation for an obstetrician-gynecologist right now. I'll take Vivian to the hospital" he suddenly said and went towards the back yard

"What?" Vivian gasped as she stared at the doctor in front of her "I'm pregnant?"

The doctor smiled at her and nodded "You have the symptoms of a month old pregnancy" she looked at the monitor on her table, scanning Vivian's results "The urine tests proves that you are exactly a month and a half pregnant" Vivian chewed her bottom lip and let out a small whoa. The doctor chuckled "Congratulations. Have a hard time processing it?" Vivian nodded "Do you want to have an ultrasound to hear its heart beat and to have his or her first picture?" Vivian smiled and nodded like a toddler