Epilogue

A/N - Okay , I lied . That WAS the last chapter . But this is still the knot at the end of all the loose ends

When I Wake Up , The Dream Isn't Done ,I Want To See Your Face And Know I Made It Home

It had been six years since I'd last seen or heard of All Time Low. But that was changing now . My alarm clock beeped when it struck six a.m. , but the hand that had been hovering over it for the past twenty seconds stopped the noise quickly .

I'd already been awake , see . I had been counting down to six , because that was when I'd been born . Marking this hour , this day and this year the exact time I turned 21 .

I had been preparing for this day for years . My dad was rich , so I had a car . I'd booked a hotel room . And most of all , I'd purchased one ticket and one backstage pass to an All Time Low concert .

My father had kept the band away from me for the past six years – but I was , in every single way , an adult now . He had no control over me anymore .

I wasn't lucky that they were performing in California on my birthday , because they weren't . They were doing a show in Arizona , but luckily for me my father's house was right by the border . A few hours in the car , and I would be able to meet again the people who had kept me breathing the past six years .

I didn't bother telling anyone I was leaving . The staff around the house ; I'd already told in my excitement . My dad ? He wasn't here , but that's no big surprise . He never was .

I got dressed in the clothes I'd laid out last night – the rest of my things were packed in the trunk of my car . I was too excited to eat breakfast , but I grabbed a few sandwiches for the road .

By six thirty I was driving , the morning sun beating hard through the car's windows . I turned the stereo on loud , and hid my eyes with a pair of sunglasses . It felt awesome being twenty one . Finally , I was free .

A few hours later , the city of Phoenix surrounded me on every side . My hands were shaking as I parked the car in the hotel's car park and grabbed my bags from the trunk . My hands were shaking , my stomach was squirming and my head was aching – but I still carried on . Everything screamed at me to go back , but I couldn't .

I checked into the hotel and dumped my bags . Then I began to prepare for the concert .

The last time I went to an All Time Low concert” I told myself , “I was fifteen . And the lead singer was my dad .”

I put on the shirt that Vinny had given that night Nikki , Pommie and I helped him with the merch stand . I used the hairspray that I'd so often seen sitting in the bus' bathroom . And I stared in the mirror , looking deep into the eyes that always reminded me of Steven and Mum .

I got to the concert hours early , hoping to spot the boys . But many other fangirls had gotten the same idea as me , so I ended up on the pavement behind a hundred other girls . I knew I would have to wait for ages , but it would be worth it if I got to see the band .