Chapter 25

CLICK

Alex and I looked up from the guitar lesson to see Zack capturing the moment with his camera .

“Sorry” He smirked , “It just looked cute . By the way , Matt wants us on stage in like five minutes .”

Alex rolled his eyes . “I think you've pretty much got that down” Alex told me , “So , just practise more than you did last week , okay ?”

“Okay .”

“Promise me ?”

“Alex , we've got to go .”

“I promise .”

“Pinky promise .”

“Alex , come on !”

“Pinky promise” I smiled , twisting Alex's smallest finger . “Now get out of here , vocals .”

Pommie emerged from her bunk with a smile on her face .

“Any good lyrics ?” I asked , and she shrugged .

“I don't know yet . Can we go see the concert ?”

“Sure” I grabbed my all-access pass from my bunk , and we left the bus . Nikki was already at the venue ; Vinny had recruited her at the merch stand with a threat to take away her pocket money .

“Hello Des Moines” Alex shouted into his mic , watching the crowd cheer enthusiastically .

“I thought we were in Iowa” Jack said , confused .

“I thought you majored in Geography” Alex replied sarcastically , and the crowd roared again .

They started with Weightless , like they had all the other nights on tour . Alex could have decided not to sing , and I wouldn't have noticed . The fans sang along to the entire song , making me wonder if some of them would start fainting from getting winded and out of breath. Luckily , once All Time Low had finished the song , Alex and Jack spend another few minutes conversing between themselves .

“So , d'you guys wanna know something stupid Jack did yesterday ?”

“No , don't tell them !”

“You don't want me to tell them ?”

“Tell them . Now .”

“Okay . He -”

“NO DON'T TELL THEM !”

They were the most immature people I'd ever seen , and I don't know how they had been let up on stage in the first place . I loved watching the guys though . I could literally do it all day . Or night , depending on what time the concert was .

“Why so glum , Halo ?” Alex said the next morning .

I was sitting outside the bus , watching the South Dakota sun ( which to me seemed to be the exact same sun that had appeared every other morning , no matter where I was ) rise over the city's buildings . The bus was parked in the next venue , but it seemed that no one else was awake yet , so the parking lot was empty . I had Steven's guitar on my lap and Pommie's lyrics – which were surprisingly good – in front of me , trying to come up with the music part of our song .

“I'm a musical dimwit” I replied gloomily , and he laughed .

“Sorry , I shouldn't laugh . I feel bad … that just sounded seriously funny” Alex said , then laughed again .

“Shut up” I frowned , glaring at my guitar strings .

“Okay” Alex said , sitting down on the gravel beside me . “What's up ?”