Chapter 1

Annie held back the vomit she had managed to keep down since the first period had started, but she couldn't take it anymore. She slammed a hand over her mouth and made a beeline to the bathroom, clearly not worried about whether or not she would get into trouble for leaving her science class early. On the way over, she began wondering where this sudden nauseating feeling came from. She had nothing out of the usual for breakfast, just a donut and black coffee. Annie gagged and barged into one of the school's bathrooms, surprised that she even made it to a stall with how upset her stomach had gotten. Once she managed to get inside she let loose, immediately dropping to her knees and vomiting. The rancid smell and taste drove her to gag even more, forcing out more vomit from her already empty stomach.

After finishing, Annie laid back against the stall's wall and tried to regain her composure. She felt every ounce of energy from her body fade away, a sensation that wasn't usual for the Omega girl. Annie could work out for hours and not break a sweat, yet here she was completely beat after merely throwing up. It was truly a pitiful sight for such an athletically blessed Omega. At least nobody was there to see her this way.

"You look like SHIT!"

Annie forcefully shut her eyes at the loud shout and wanted to crawl into a hole. Just her luck. Of course nobody was going to choose not to follow her and see what was going on. She was feared by those who didn't personally know her, but not only did Ymir know her, she also refuses to keep her nose out of other people's business. This annoying idiot of an Alpha angered Annie to no end, yet said idiot was her only friend. Well... her only close friend. She had Reiner and Bert but that was only because they all grew up together.

"And you look like an ugly bitch. I guess we've both seen better days."

Her insult lacked its usual aggressive nature, instead coming out plain and monotonous. If it wasn't already obvious that Annie felt like shit, her tone of voice would surely give it away. She slowly opened her eyes and stared at the other stall wall in front of her, silently preparing herself to get up and continue on with her life.

"Shit, you're really fucked! What did you do? Drink a little too much last night?"

Annie rolled her eyes at Ymir's comment and forced herself up from the floor, flushing her stomach's contents down the toilet and pushing past Ymir towards the sinks. Annie quickly washed her hands and tried her best to rinse out the rancid taste that lingered on her tongue. She spat out the water and let out a long sigh.

"I don't drink, Ymir. You of all people know that. Why did you even follow me? If I needed your help, I would've sent you a text."

"No, you wouldn't, but I came because Dr. Hanji wanted me to see if you're okay. You've never run out of their class like that before so they were a bit worried. I knew you would be alright. You're a big girl. I just did it mostly to avoid doing the pop quiz."

"Very caring of you, Ymir. Such an amazing friend! You should get an award for your services."

"You're right, I should! But we can arrange that later! Now, you seem to be better... more or less... I say we wait here till the period ends, go back to Hanji's class, have them write us a late slip, excuse for our next class, and go get some food."

Annie gagged at the mention of food.

"Okay, get me some food and you can get some Tums or something."

"So caring, I almost feel as if you care for my well being. If I'm being honest though, taking it easy doesn't sound all that bad. I might just take you up on that little plan you have, but you're driving."

"Fine by me. Now we just wait."

"We wait."

Not even five minutes later, Annie was back in the bathroom stall throwing up the water she had drank moments ago. Ymir cringed at the noises and decided to go in and help Annie out by holding her bangs back. This day was already going to shit, and getting barf in her hair would only make it worse. It was the least she could do for Annie at this point.