Chapter:21 Inevitable

Annie was quite happy hanging out with Ymir and Historia. It felt good to have another Omega around instead of being constantly surrounded by Alphas. Historia wasn't exactly what Annie expected; she thought the girl would be quiet, sweet, and innocent, but she was none of those things. Annie figured that it was probably because Ymir may have rubbed off on Historia, but with each vulgar joke that Historia popped, it became extremely apparent that she was doing all of this on her own. Annie didn't mind it in the slightest. She needed an Omega that would bully all the other Alphas with her. Annie was enjoying herself and everything was going well. That is until she got home.

Mikasa was coming home late so Annie allowed herself to stay out a little later than usual, which shouldn't have been a big deal since she'd still have time to cook dinner and do whatever else she needed to do. However, when she stepped foot into her shared home with Mikasa's family, Mrs. Ackerman stared daggers at Annie. Annie didn't care. It wasn't anything new. She knew the older woman wasn't her biggest fan. Brushing off the woman's glares, Annie pushed past her and went into their kitchen. She heard the older woman follow suit but chose to ignore her. All Annie wanted to focus on was making Mikasa's dinner and hiding in their room afterward.

Sadly, she didn't get all that far into cooking before Mikasa's mother decided to invade her personal space. Annie stopped chopping her vegetables to find Mrs. Ackerman still glaring down at her. This time, Annie returned a glare. She was minding her own business and didn't understand why Mrs. Ackerman was acting this way so suddenly.

"What's your damn issue-"

"What's MY issue? I should ask what yours is! Do you know how late it is?! Where have you been?! Mikasa will be home any second and you don't have dinner ready! You know what? I've been holding my tongue because you've been doing a somewhat DECENT job with taking care of my daughter, but this is too far! This is absolutely unacceptable! Mikasa is doing everything for you and the baby: she's working, going to school, and taking care of you! And what does she get in return? Nothing! All she gets is an Omega coming home late, who doesn't have dinner done and hasn't done any chores!"

Annie bit her tongue and held back from exploding in Mrs. Ackerman's face because she knew it would just make matters worse, but it was getting harder and harder to do so as Mrs. Ackerman continuously attacked her for being "useless."

"Look at you! You're not even trying to defend yourself because you KNOW that you're a terrible Omega! You know that you're the one at fault here and it's terrible! I can't believe that out of all the girls Mikasa has been with, she ended up with you! You can't even do basic tasks!"

That was it. Annie was no longer holding her tongue. She wasn't going to stand there and let the woman belittle her, ESPECIALLY since Annie did all the cooking and cleaning so that Mikasa could focus on working. This woman knew nothing about them and it was so damn irritating.

"I'm not defending myself because I've done nothing wrong! You think you fucking know everything about your daughter and me, but you don't! If you did, then you would've known that she gets home late today and I have more than enough time to finish things! Oh, and YOU'VE been holding your tongue around me? Do you know how IRRITATING you can be with your stupid "Omegas need to do everything for Alphas" bullshit? It's even worse when your dumb ass made Mikasa think it was alright to have that mindset! What kind of mother doesn't teach her child basic living tasks? I had to teach Mikasa how to wash dishes and do her own laundry because your ass would baby the Alpha by doing them for her instead! You're so fucking brainwashed to be a submissive Omega that it's stupid! And you know what? If you want to be a submissive Omega, then here!"

In a fit of rage, Annie grabbed all the food she was cooking with and threw them onto the floor. Everything from chopped vegetables to raw meat was splattered across the kitchen floor. To make things worse, Annie stomped on them, making sure they got it stuck in every crack and crevice of the kitchen floor.