Chapter:11

Annie was thankful for her friends, she really was, but having them surround her like the secret service was not fun. She knew it was because they didn't want Mikasa interacting with her, but it was a bit much. If Mikasa were to come up to her, Annie would just tell her to fuck off and keep walking. Mikasa was the least of her worries at the moment, however. Right now, Annie was paranoid that the wrong people had heard their argument last Friday.

Annie knew that she was rather loud while arguing with Mikasa and she was sure people's attention was pulled their way. Luckily, no one was sending weird side glances or talking under their breath around her. Annie allowed herself to somewhat relax for the moment. It wasn't like she cared about what people would think about her being pregnant; it was more so that she didn't want her coach finding out, especially since it was so close to the final games before the championships. Once those games were over, then Annie could care less about what anyone thought.

Thinking she was hiding it well, Annie kept these worries to herself. She wasn't one to voice her issues or want to talk about them, but once she sat down for lunch, all three of her friends started probing her for answers.

"Annie, come on. What's wrong?" Reiner gently patted her back. No response.

"You know we're here for you, Annie. Just let us help you more if you need it." Bert gave her a worried stare. Still no response.

"Hey, don't take this incident so harshly, Annie. It was just a little argument! You'll eventually get it all cleared up," Ymir said while grabbing Annie's nose to get her attention. This got a response.

"Agh! Fucking hell!"

Ymir grabbed her side after Annie landed a sharp elbow jab there. She took in gentle breaths and decided to choose her next words wisely.

"Well, at least I got our Annie back to normal," she said before laying her head down on the table, whimpering as everything ached.

Annie shook her head and knew she needed to talk about it. She couldn't leave her friends guessing as to what she was going to do next or keep hitting them when she got too annoyed. Ymir deserved it, though. She already knew how Annie got when it came to her nose. She pushed her pride aside and allowed herself to finally speak about the situation.

"I'm just worried that my coach is going to find out I'm pregnant and that I'd lose all my potential scholarships. I was rather loud when arguing with Mikasa, and I'm pretty sure at least SOMEONE knows... I don't care if people find out after my soccer season ends because by then I'll have my spot secured at wherever I want to go. I'm just.... worried everything is going to crumble before me."

It went quiet for a split second before the three hopped back on to comfort Annie.

"Oh come on, Annie. Do you really think someone is going to spread a rumor about you and Mikasa? They're probably too fucking scared it'll get traced back to them. You're fine, and if someone tries to open their mouth, I'll beat them till they can't remember."

Reiner made his statement with a little demonstration of his large fist slamming into his lunch. Annie rolled her eyes immediately at this yet still allowed a slight smile to slip.

"Yeah, honestly. I think they're more afraid of you than Mikasa anyway. Nearly everyone saw you kick Connie full force in the hallway. If anyone overheard your argument with Mikasa, they're gonna keep that to themselves. They ain't trying to get their shit rocked."

Ymir managed to sit up once more, the pain finally shimmering away into a small ache. She decided not to do anything else that would set Annie off, which her ribs were thankful for.

"Also, if anything, random parents were the ones who heard it. I'm sure they're not going to go out of their way to report it. You'll be fine, Annie. Just relax."