Chapter:5

Annie somehow managed to stop overacting over a simple Taco Bell order and act normal again. Which was a good thing too considering they still had to drop off food to Eren and Armin. Thankfully, the interaction with them was quick. Mikasa didn't exchange much words with them other than 'You're welcome' and 'goodbye'. Annie was secretly happy about this since she really just wanted to get home.

Mikasa slowed down once they got in front of her house, coming to a stop and parking. She put the car in park and glanced at Annie with her bored grey eyes that secretly drove the blonde wild. The Omega took in a deep breath as they both stayed there quietly, not exchanging any words or signs on what they should do next. Annie's stomach stirred with a whole bunch of emotions that didn't sit well with her. She wanted to confront them and talk about it with Mikasa but... there really wasn't anything for them to speak on!

They weren't together or dating, they also hadn't even spoke in months. What was there really for Annie to address? She opened her mouth to speak, hoping at least something knowledgeable would come out. But instead...

"Do you want to come inside and eat with me? I don't want you to wait longer to eat, cold Taco Bell really isn't the best."

Mikasa's face held no expression as she accepted Annie's offer with a nod. She handed her own food and drink over to Annie then got out of the driver's seat.

"I'll take your bags in for you, just take in the food and I'll be right behind you."

Annie stayed for a second to watch Mikasa gather all her things before making her own way to the front door. She kept everything under control while unlocking the door. Mikasa was right behind her within seconds as she got the door opened. They both walked in and Mikasa shut the door with her foot since her arms were full.

"We're going to eat up in my room so you can go ahead and put everything down, up there."

Mikasa gave a simple nod and the two went up immediately. The two of them falling into a familiar rhythm as they walked up those stairs. It made Annie's heart flutter as she remembered the first time they took these stairs up to her room too fuck. She hated it, why was she so entranced by Mikasa all of a sudden? Annie literally hadn't thought about her at all in these past view months. Yet here she suddenly was with a million emotions running through her being. Seeing and talking to this Alpha was bringing back too many memories for Annie's own good. It slightly irritated Annie, only because she couldn't grasp why it was happening.

Annie opened her bedroom and set their food on her bed. She ignored Mikasa for a moment as she grabbed some clothes and turned her tv on. She tossed her remote at Mikasa and left the room to get changed. It may have been a bit silly to change somewhere else considering they've already seen each other naked but Annie wasn't in the mood for THOSE feelings to return too. When she returned to her room, Mikasa already had their food opened and a show playing.

The Omega gladly joined in next to Mikasa and immediately dung into her food. She shoveled bite after bite into her mouth, finishing her meal way before Mikasa. This little action actually got a chuckle out of Mikasa, mostly because she hadn't seen Annie do this before.

"Wow and you said you didn't want anything." Mikasa shook her head and Annie blushed heavily.

Annie wanted to fire back with some snarky comment, she really did, yet nothing came to mind. She ended up looking away in embarrassment and began cleaning up her things. It was a good distraction from the Alpha on her bed for her time being. Eventually Mikasa did finish her food and she showed no signs of staying over longer. This immediately sent panic through out Annie's chest, she didn't want Mikasa to leave yet. Something inside her just needed Mikasa to stay for a little longer.