Chapter:9

"You... want to keep the baby?"

Mikasa stared down at Annie in surprise after the Omega's sudden change of heart. Mikasa tried to act neutral, but there was no denying that there was a tinge of happiness sparkling in her eyes. Annie gave a soft nod to Mikasa's question about the baby before walking away from the appointment. Once they were outside and everything seemed to calm down around them, Mikasa grabbed the back of Annie's head and brought her into a passionate kiss.

Annie's eyes widened at the sudden kiss and took several moments to push her away. Her hands grabbed Mikasa's wrists and forcefully removed the Alpha away from her. The Omega then took a step back and wiped her mouth, showing that she didn't want to be kissed by Mikasa right now. Annie glared at her and stepped back to put a few feet between them.

"What the fuck was that for? Did I say you could fucking kiss me?"

Mikasa looked at Annie with confusion written all over her face. She didn't understand what she did wrong. Why wasn't she allowed to kiss Annie? Annie had done this to her a week or so before. Also, they had a child on the way, so that made her even more confused as to why she couldn't kiss Annie whenever she pleased.

"You... You said you're keeping our baby and I'm happy that you decided to keep it for us... I wanted to kiss you and show my appreciation... Why are you mad about the kiss at all? You kissed me like a week ago, Annie, so what's the issue here?"

Annie took in a deep breath only to let it out with a loud groan. Mikasa was partially right about this; Annie shouldn't be mad about getting kissed without permission.

"Okay, I apologize for getting angry about the kiss... I shouldn't have kissed you last week without asking, that's my fault. But for now, don't kiss me without my permission. Let's get one thing straight, Mikasa. I didn't keep the baby for us. I didn't do it for you. I did it for myself. If you're happy that I kept the baby, then that's fine. Just don't expect us to be... We can discuss our relationship terms later."

The air became silent between them, but Mikasa ended up giving a gentle nod. They would figure out what they were when the time was right. For now, their main priority was planning for the baby's arrival. Mikasa stretched her hand out and made a little circular motion so that Annie could hand over the car keys. Annie did so and began walking back to her car.

"Do you have time for us to speak about the baby, or do you need to get back to school right away?" Annie asked while entering the passenger seat.

"I still have time before the game, so no. I don't need to go back right away. Want to... go get some food and talk this all over? I know you didn't get to eat during lunch... I didn't get to either, so I think it'll be good for us to both eat."

Annie was going to say no, wanting to discuss the matter in her car. Unfortunately, before she could reject the offer, her stomach rumbled and she let out a sigh.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea... Go ahead and choose wherever to go, but you're the one paying for it."

"Yeah, I know I am. I don't mind..."

•••

Since Annie told Mikasa to choose where they ate, they ended up at a small ramen shop. They put their orders in then sat in the most secluded area just so that nobody would stumble into their conversation unexpectedly. At first, they ate their food in silence, not even staring at each other. It wasn't until Mikasa brought up the topic of their child that the conversation started.

"So... How are we going to go about this, Annie? Am I going to move in with you, or are you going to stay with me? I want to be able to be around you and the baby twenty-four-seven," Mikasa said as she brought her chopsticks to her lips, eating another bite.