Chapter:6

Despite telling Ymir that she'd really think about it, Annie actually pushed her pregnancy to the back of her mind for days. She only touched base on it when she got ready for bed, where she truly had her thoughts to herself. Even then, she couldn't make a decision; on one hand, having a child would ruin her chances at a successful life. On the other... part of her wanted to be a mom. Annie didn't understand it herself. She had never shown interest in building a family before. She hadn't even thought about it until she found herself pregnant. It felt as if her Omega side was pushing the idea more than anything, especially since being a mother was her main goal as an Omega.

Annie subconsciously reached down and stroked her swollen stomach, a gesture that she had been catching herself doing quite often. It seemed to be the only thing that would give her peace of mind, which was ironic considering that she was stressed because of what was in her stomach. She let out a loud groan and snatched her hand away. With that action, all her comfort disappeared and was replaced with worry. It wouldn't bug her for long though; at any moment, her melatonin would kick in and she'd be knocked out. Annie didn't usually take anything to help her sleep, but with the pregnancy worrying her and that important soccer game on her mind, the sleep aid was a must.

Her mind had been running around a bit more than usual since the soccer game was the next day. She wasn't afraid of playing the game, per se; if anything, she was more paranoid than scared. She was scared if someone was going to notice her pregnancy and spread the word. However, Ymir promised to keep it a secret, and she had kept good on her word; she and Annie only ever talked about it in private. Other than that, the two made sure to never mention it in public. Even with Ymir's help and assurance, Annie could not find a way to just calm down; the idea that someone would call her out on her pregnancy was too much to bear.

Fortunately, the soccer game would determine whether or not the school's team would be going to the finals, which Annie had no doubt that they would make it. The team has had a near-perfect season like they usually did, so once they won the next day's game, they would only have to play four more. Thinking about the team's future relaxed Annie's nerves about her pregnancy being discovered just as the melatonin took full effect. Annie's eyes shut and her body went limp as her breathing slowed. She would only be gone for a few hours, but her body was grateful for the much-needed rest.

•••

Morning came too quick for Annie's liking, but she still pulled herself out of bed and started getting dressed. She wore her usual white hoodie with some worn-out blue jeans. It was a rather plain outfit, but it served multiple purposes; first, her stomach was hidden, and second, it was super comfortable. Once she took a quick glance at herself in the mirror, Annie moved on to packing her duffle bag. She made sure to pack her shin guards, cleats, team uniform, as well as her mouth guard since she would subconsciously grind her teeth mid-game. Annie didn't view the habit as a big issue, but her coach heard about it and forced her to get one.

Once everything was packed, Annie grabbed her backpack and went on her way. She picked up a dozen assorted donuts, telling herself that she would share them with her friends. Upon arrival, however, she found that the box was half empty and she wasn't in the mood to share what was left. So she sat in her car, sipping on her hot cup of coffee that she bought earlier. As she started on her eighth donut, she was disturbed by a loud tapping on her window. She turned her attention towards the sound, a donut in one hand and her coffee in the other.

"We thought you were going to come out and share with us, but you proved us wrong. Now open your car doors and let us in!" Ymir shouted on the other side of Annie's driver window.

Annie looked at Ymir, then at Reiner and Bertholdt, who stood right behind her. She could let them in and share; she had enough to give them a donut each, but she didn't want to. Annie kept her doors locked and went to grab three more donuts, acting as if she was going to hand them over. She even began rolling down the window with a free hand, then right when the smiles appeared on their faces, she rolled her window up and shoved each donut in her mouth.