Chapter 3

Annie stuffed her face when she was feeling better and enjoyed the rest of her day off. She stopped for a quick bathroom break in the midst of her binge-eating, taking a moment to stop and stare at herself in the mirror. She raised a brow at the subtle change to her appearance; her breasts looked a bit bigger and it was obvious she gained some weight. Annie shrugged it off, thinking that she was just a bit bloated from the food she just had. She wasn't worried, anyway. If she gained some weight, the soccer season just started, so she'd lose it in a matter of time.

The Omega moved on and washed her hands before leaving. There was no point in letting these changes bug her, especially since she had other things to worry about like making dinner. It was her turn to cook tonight and she didn't need her father being even more exhausted than he already was. Annie got straight to work, making a simple spaghetti dish with some garlic bread on the side. She made a plate for her father then stored everything away in the fridge. Once that was finished, Annie helped herself to a warm bath to calm her nerves.

Everything was perfect, so Annie allowed herself to relax, pushing away any worries that she may have had at that moment. She let out a gentle sigh and slipped deeper into the water, but her R&R was ruined by her ringing phone. Annie groaned and reached over to answer it, not bothering to see who it was.

"Why are you bugging me?"

"Don't give me attitude! I'm just calling you to say I'm here to drop off your car! Hurry up and get downstairs for your keys. I don't want to keep Mikasa waiting!"

Annie's stomach tensed up at the mention of Mikasa's name and grew annoyed.

"Why the hell is she here?"

"Because we just got off of football practice and she's going to take me to Bert's house since I had him drive my car from school- Listen, it's complicated and I'd rather not make myself sound ridiculous. Just come down here and get your keys."

She hung up and yanked herself out of the warm water, grabbing a nearby robe and quickly wrapping it around herself. The Omega decided that she didn't care if Reiner was uncomfortable with seeing her in only a towel; it was his fault for having such terrible timing. Annie opened the door and glared daggers into her taller friend.

"You couldn't have shown up later? You ruined my bath." Annie yanked her car keys away and hung them up on a nearby hook.

"You're welcome, Leonhardt. Next time, don't throw up at school and make it everyone's issue."

Annie rolled her eyes while walking back to the front door, still glaring at Reiner.

"I didn't make it anyone's issue! Ymir was the one who didn't let me go back to class, so blame her! Now, I have a bath to return to. I'll see your gorilla ass tomorrow."

She went to close the door, but Reiner stopped it with his foot.

"I'm coming by in the morning to give you a ride. You might feel better right now, but who knows if it'll affect you again."

"Okay, whatever. Now leave me alone! I want to take a bath in peace!" Annie forced Reiner out and locked the door, finally getting silence.

•••

Annie decided to skip the dinner she made and went straight to bed. She buried her face into the warm blankets and within minutes, found herself asleep and getting some much-needed rest for her exhausted body. The morning came too quick for Annie's liking and it started out shitty; she was hit with the need to vomit right away.

She bolted out of bed and down the hallway to her bathroom, dropping to her knees and vomiting everything she ate the night before. Thankfully, it was over quick and Annie could continue on with her day. She quickly brushed her teeth, washed her face, then got dressed, finishing up right when Reiner pulled into her driveway. She went downstairs immediately and climbed into the back seat since Bertholdt was sitting in the front.