32: Is This The End?

It was getting darker. Marcus, Fifi, and I all glanced up at the sky and we all gasped. The lunar sun was dimming, Fifi snapped on a dark visor over her helmet's eyes and stared for a moment. 

"Something is... covering the sun."

"What?" Marcus snapped quietly. "Quickly, tell me what you see."

Fifi adjusted her visor and looked like she was squinting. She turned a small dial on the side of her helmet and she gasped, covering her mouth.

"Something is... is... destroying the sun, Captain." Fifi took lifted up her visor and I glanced up at the still dimming sun. "It's... shattering." She added.

Marcus' eyes widened in the ever growing darkness. "Night vision on now! Follow me. We are going to need to take cover! And turn on your temperature stabilizers, air stabilizers, and radioactive protection NOW! We are in for some trouble. Let's MOVE!"

My hands took the motion to turn several dials and press some buttons on my arm as the sun vanished into streaks of light, as if a pair of hands had moved in front of it. I immediately felt the cold seeping through my suit as the temperature stabilized inside it. An earsplitting explosion sounded off that shook the entire planet, I felt my lungs clench and I gagged from the loudness of the sound. It was millions of miles away, but the sound was so massive that I had to cover my ears. Fifi and Marcus did the same. It was a supernova explosion, sending out a blinding light brighter than Earth's sun could ever be on it's own. The entire planet lit up for a long moment as we began to move. There was only a matter of time before the sun finally went out for good.

The sun suddenly exploded, sending pieces of flaring rock in all directions. It looked like a giant meteor shower, very beautiful to watch, but I couldn't help but hear the scream from Fifi as the flaring rock headed our direction too. And they were a lot bigger than they looked. Marcus took off in the flora as I noticed ice creeping up over the ground faster than I've ever seen. The whole planet was getting encased in ice, and everything living on it would die within minutes.

Fifi and I took one look at each other and shot off after Marcus, leaping over freezing brush and dodging large, ice-encased trees. Marcus was scanning the area around us with his arm, a light grid of sorts shot out in front of his fist that moved up and down, scanning the local flora, searching for any intelligent life forms. I thought he was using his GPS thing, but it had been put back on his belt.

"There aren't any intelligent lifeforms nearby... they've all... vanished." Marcus huffed as he jumped over an giant mushroom that was glowing weakly.

Within seconds of running, we heard the first crash. It shook the planet so violently, that we thought for sure it would've made the planet lurch right out of it's orbit... but what was there to orbit around anymore? I gasped as I tripped over a fern-looking bush. It had frozen solid and the leaves had froze harder than a rock, leaving the leaves razor sharp.

The planet was growing even darker now than before. To the point my night vision wasn't working very well. I gasped as I felt a pain in my leg from where the fern sliced through my suit and deep into my shin.

Fifi grabbed my arm and pulled me up, and I felt the blood freeze in my leg. I seethed as my leg seized up in a bent position and I felt the rest of my body growing cold. 

"Watch where you're going! We don't have time to get hurt right now!" Marcus yelled over the other crashes as searing hot space rock shot past us and hit the ground dangerously close. Marcus was doing something to my leg as I looked at our surroundings, was it worth our necks trying to save the planet?