30.Silver State (Ghost) <End>

Don't give up on me yet, Ghost!

I half expected that when I opened my eyes next, the first thing I'd see is my blackened corpse just lying there. Instead, I opened my eyes to see Toast, sitting there asleep onto a chair. I wasn't in the medical room anymore, now I was in my bedroom. It was calming to see such familiar walls, even if I've only actually been here for a little over a week. I placed my hand onto my chest and felt the familiar beat of my silver heart.

Hey! You're up. It's about time sleepyhead.

Jimmy? You came back.

Of course but I was almost too late. Maybe we should try...

Right now we need to focus on finding Jessi and the others. I slowly crept out of bed and around Toast, who started fussing a bit. Poor guy, he's been through so much and then on top of that, he had to go through me getting sick. I made it to the doorway before the world started to sway.

Careful G, your body still hasn't fully recovered yet.

G? You haven't called me that since...

Forget it, just be careful.

I got myself to the living room before crashing on the couch. I started thinking of everything that happened just of the past year and how it led us here. Everything has changed so much. Everyone has changed so much. The only thing that hasn't is me.

I wouldn't say that.

I would... I did! The only thing that's changed is I got better at using weapons. I sighed and closed my eyes, resting my head on the back of the couch. We have to rescue them, but we have no idea where to start.

Did you forget why you sent me there?

"I just realized you haven't eaten anything since yesterday morning. And even that you didn't touch." I look up to see Toast standing in front of me with a cup of tea. He smiles and sits next to me obviously happy I'm better.

"I'm not really hungry, besides I'm still pretty weak from that freak illness thing that happened." I don't want Toast to know what happened. Plus, I'm not entirely sure he even knows about Jimmy. For all, he knows I'm just crazy.

You are...

Not helping Jimmy. I could hear as he started laughing. He appeared in front of me and sat on the floor, where the coffee table used to be.  Physically he's still connected to me, he's still sharing my body, but mentally he's there, separately. It's something he recently found out he could do. He can't go far because he's still connected to me, but it's still pretty cool. 

"Are you ever going ever going to change your outfit?"

"What? It's my favorite!"  Jimmy stretched out his arms to show his outfit more as he said that, his red unzipped hoodie falling from his shoulders. I laugh quietly and give him a silly look.

"You've been wearing that since we were kids."

"So... I'm dead. I can wear whatever I want to."  My smile slowly died down. He just kept laughing. Images of my past ran through my mind, but I pushed them to the side and gave him another silly look. It's a rare occurrence for Jimmy to actually laugh.  I'm not talking about his insane laugh. No, I mean wholeheartedly laugh. "Besides, how long have you worn that hoodie?"

"That is completely different and you know it." My face paled and he laughed even louder. Here we are joking about clothes. A year ago, this would never have happened. So, I guess we really did change. I sit there for awhile before remembering I wasn't alone. I look over at Toast to see his chocking down his own laughter. 

"He's got a point, sir. I've never seen you without it on." Well, that's not entirely true. I didn't have it on when I was on the med bed, but I didn't really feel like bringing that up. WAIT? "So Jimmy, did you think about what we spoke about last night?"

"You mean, what you asked me after that whole insane moment?" Wait, insane moment? What happened? What did I miss?

"I like to think of it as a heart to heart." Toast just smiled and Jimmy cringed. Jimmy has never really been one for heart to heart moments.

"Seriously? Hows your hand?"

"It's better. Your knife really did a number on it." h-his knife... What...

"It was your own fault. Maybe you shouldn't have done that, then." I am so confused. What's going on? What are they talking about? How are they even talking to each other? How are they being so friendly, especially since something apparently happened yesterday? I didn't even know Johnny knew about him... Not as a separate person anyway. Everything was getting to me. Jessi and Spooker getting kidnapped. Jimmy and Johnny and this conversation. My heart beat started racing and my head started to swim.

"Sir? Are you alright... You're not looking too well." Now that Jimmy was back. the pain was gone and so was the death threat. However the silvers still in my blood. Its still there and there may be something I never told anyone well besides Jimmy. I never thought it would matter because I was never going to let them know about my silver heart. "Sir, Your veins!"

"G, you need to calm down." My blood was beginning to boil as my anger hit its mark. I balled my fists and took deep breaths as I tried to calm down, but it wasn't working. I stood up and made my way over to the mirror on the wall. I stopped and looked myself over. I could see why Toast was worried. The veins around my eyes had gone black as well as the whites of my eyes. The normal hazel color had gone silver. If I was being honest my eyes looked like sans's from Undertale. You know, before he powers up because Chara killed everyone. 

"Get dunked on."

"You do know that if any of us were Chara it's you right." Jimmy just laughed slightly, but Toast was not happy. I looked back at the mirror and noticed my hair had a slight frost like dusting to it and it was slightly spikey. Like I put gell in my hair and brushed it back. "Where is she?"

"They said to follow the sewers."  I turned around and headed for Jessi's base when Jimmy glitched in front of me. "They know we're coming. And they aren't shy about using silver either."

"I'm not staying behind." Toast walked up and put his arm around me. "You'll just have to protect me."

He smiles wide and took his arm down. I walked ahead, going to the door I found that led to the sewers. Toast waited a bit before follow. He didnt want me to see his smile fade as he checked his arm. He didn't want me to see the burns he got from just having it around my shoulders on top of my clothes. He didnt want me to see that he got hurt, that I hurt him.