28.JOHNNY!!! (Toast)

Ghost was just laying in that med bed. His fever was well past ok. Whatever was in his blood was killing him, and it wasn't slow about it either. He was finally leaving his mask on, but his breathing was so faint, and he hardly ever opened his eyes. I am literally watching my best friend die and I have no idea how to stop it. 

Ghost starts to fuss and I notice that the black veins have climb up past his neck. It took only a few seconds for them to cover his face and eyes. I couldn't help it. I had to chock back a sob. As an actual doctor, this is not professional, I get that but... He's like my younger brother. The heart monitor starts to go off, so I get up to find some morphine and anything else that might alleviate the pain, while Spencer deals with increases heart rate.

I hear Spencer stop, so I turn to see why and my heart drops. These black blood like tears start falling from his eyes. His body gets wracked with convulsions and he pukes black blood all over the floor. It was far more blood then humanly possible, and out of nowhere, I'm being pushed up against a wall, far away from Ghost. I can't help him. What am I supposed to do?

"LET ME GO!" I'm screaming and thrashing about, trying to get Spencer to let go but none of it fazes him. He's really strong for such a scrawny kid. I look back over at Ghost who was shaking uncontrollably, his entire body covered head to toe with black veins.

"If you go over there you will die!"

"If I don't go over there HE WILL DIE!" The look Spencer gave me. I started crying and I couldn't stop. I look back over at Ghost. His eyes were closed. His face covered in black bloody tears. His smile... His breathless, lifeless body. 

"He'sth already gone." I broke down. Not only was my sister kidnapped and tortured but Spooker was too. I can't get a hold of Colon and now... Ghost is... "It'sth not your fault, there wasth nothing you could have done."

"I COULD HAVE AT LEAST TRIED!" Spencer just shook his head. He walked over wiped some of Ghosts black blood onto another washcloth and grabbed a syringe. He then walked over to me and, without my permission mind you, he took some of my blood. He laid the now blacked washcloth on the table and looked me straight into my eyes.

"If you tried to help him, If you got to closthe during that... Thisth isth what would have happened." He took the syringe and pressed out all of my blood on to the washcloth. I watched as it bubbled and smoked. Until you could see the washcloth itself catch and burn until it was a pile of ash.

"I don't..."

"It'sth pure sthilver. Worsthe than that, it'sth pure mutated sthilver. Ghostht knew how his blood effect's paranormals. How it would effect you, a werewolf."

"I still don't understand."

"OH MY GOD YOU ABSTHOLUTE NERD! Johnny Ghostht's blood i toxic to paranormalsth. It'sthn expecially deadly to you. He could've killed you. Why do you think he wanted you out of the room? Or why he freaked out every time you coughed. Or even Why he wouldn't let you help him after an episthode." I fell to my knee's. I never even thought about that. I mean I knew it was bad because of what just a small amount did to my hand but, He was my friend. He was dying, I just wanted to help him. I'm a flipping doctor I should have been able to help him. I spent so many years building up my knowledge of medicine after I got my masters in Psychology. They told me why bother, stick to what I'm good at, stick with my masters but... I wanted to help people in more ways than just there mind. I wanted to help them completely. I couldn't even help my friend.

Next thing I know the heart monitor bursts to life and Ghost sits up gasping for air.

"JOHNNY!?" I run up to him, about to throw my ar around him into a hug but stop. He's covered in blood. So I stand there on the clean side of the bed and check him over at a distance. Not that there was much I could do at a distance. His body was regaining some color back and the black was disappearing. His eyes were a stark red and his hair, which stuck to his forehead from sweat, was lighter than it was. 

"That was way to close. I thought for sure I was going to be too late." It was hard to understand him through the gasps for air, but I knew that wasn't Ghost. That was Jimmy. He came back. 

"Took you long enough." Spencer went off on him like a bat out of hell, yelling at him for being so late. I hardly heard any of it. I just could stop thinking of Johnny. Jimmy was back. His body is alive so... Ghost had to be too right. Jimmy saved him in time. He came back in time. And what did he find out about my sister?

"Hey I told him it was a bad idea, he wouldn't listen. Besides it was your job to keep him alive till I came back." Spencer nearly slapped Jimmy right then and there if it wasn't for Ghosts body being so weak still. 

"OUR JOB! IT WASTH YOUR JOB TO KEEP HIM ALIVE IN GENERAL!" Jimmy just looked down at his hands. They were black from all the blood. I could sense his guilt of the whole ordeal. He never wanted to leave but he did and it almost cost Johnny his life. If Jimmy had been one second later. That would've been it.

"Look you did well. You left to help us even though you were against it, and you came back in time." I tried to lighten the mood but it didn't seem to work. He just smirked and jumped off the bed. He swayed slightly, grabbing the table steady himself. He then walks past me, more than carefully not the let anything touch me, and walks off towards the stairs.

" Go help him. Asth long asth you don't touch any of histh blood then you'll be fine now. It's not asth sthtrong now that Jimmy isth back."

"What about this mess?"

"I'll take care of it. I'm the only other perston besidesth him that can. But you guysth better sthart paying me sthoon."