22.Nightmare Pt. 4 (Ghost)

I open my eyes to find I'm no longer at home. I was back at Toasts grandmothers house. It was nearly completely destroyed. Rocks were flying everywhere. One even flew towards me. I thought I was a goner but it fazed right through me like I was an actual ghost.

"We're just visitors here. Nothing in this dreamworld can actually affect us." Dreamworld? Jimmy casket was standing beside me with his hands in his pant pockets. I look around until I see two other people here. One was lying on the ground hurt while the other one was trying to get them up and moving.

"Jessi, come on get up. We got to go." Wait, Jessi? As in Jessica? I look over at Jimmy for some confirmation but he just stood there silently. I get a bit closer only to see that it was Jess, and the other one was me.

"This is one of her many dreams here. In fact, that's the real Jessi." 

"What do you mean?" Jimmy sighed and walked a little closer.

"Jessi is lucid in these dreams, She's experiencing them as if they were real. If you focus you can feel her fear, hear her thoughts."

" Whats wrong with you? You're going to get yourself killed. This is why I never wanted to bring you, it's too dangerous." Why was I yelling at her? I never yell at her.  Other than when she said she agreed with her bother, but because that was different. 

"Why am I treating her like that? I only yelled once and that was because I cared too much to hear what she was saying."

"You already answered your own question."

"Jessi you've got to get your head in the game." I watched as the other me pulled Jessi out of the way of another bolder and take her behind a car. I wanted so badly to just take her out of all this.

"Why are we here?"

"Because you wanted to know 'everything'" Jimmy was watching everything intently. He looked more serious than he has ever been in his entire afterlife. It's a bit off-putting, to be honest. I'm used to his insanity, not his sanity. The other Ghost pulled her into an embrace and I would be lying if I didn't say I felt a little jealous. Jimmy laughs but its nothing like he usually does and soon he's back to being serious.

"Please Jessi, whats going on. I can't lose you... I love you." He said it. He actually said the words. He I am unable to and the dream me beats me to it. 

"Do you want to know a secret?" I felt nothing but shock. How does she even know that phrase? I look over at Jimmy again. His eyes are narrowed and he's frowning. Like he's remembering something unpleasant.

" I love you too." I stood there frozen as she kissed him. She KISSED him. Jimmy said that she was the real Jessi and she... Wait, the car. 

"Jessica!" I tried to run to her but Jimmy held me back as a car slammed into them, crushing them on impact. The world went dark and fell to my knees.

"It's a dream, Johnny. She woke up. That's all, nothing hurt her."  But I didn't know that. All I know is what I saw. Jessi was crushed by a car. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and tried to calm down. Freaking out won't change anything

"Jessi, come on get up. We got to go." I opened my eyes once again to find the other Ghost and Jessi back to where they were in the beginning.

"It restarted?"

"No. This is the second time she had this dream. Still the same Jessi though." So she was ok then, good! Though the dream doesn't seem to have changed at all.

"Give it time."  Imagine that, Jimmy Casket telling me to be patient

"What's wrong with you? You're going to get yourself killed. This is why I never wanted to bring you, it's too dangerous. Jessi, you've got to get your head in the game."I was going to snap again about him always yelling when I saw Jessi push the other me onto the ground. That was different. So she remembered and acted upon it.