6.Red

"So tell me the truth, why were you arrested?" I looked at him I didn't want to hurt him, but I don't know what to tell him. All I could do was sigh. "Was it Ghost?" Wait he knew. The look in his eyes told me he always knew. "It wouldn't be the first time. I was just hoping he was getting better." He could sense my confusion as he kept talking. I didn't understand how Ghost is still here and not in a mental hospital right now. "I did for him... What I did for you..." Again confused. What did you do? That's when he handed me a package. It was small but I could tell it was important. "Your a lot like him you know. I knew a long time ago that you weren't meant for this life." he was gesturing at the house. As I was opening the package, I knew my life was about to change. Inside was a keychain with three keys and a pie symbol. Wait why did he give me keys.

"I spoke with our grandmother and she thinks it would be beneficial if you got out more. Did something you wanted to do for a change and meet new people. I think her exact words were "Be with someone she cares enough for that she would risk herself." I looked up to find him holding a badge that looked just like the keychain with the letters P.I.E. "I wanted to tell you before, but then things happened. Well, I guess this is as good a time as any. Congratulations J, your officially part of the team. Now you can stop stowing away on our trips." I freaked out. I mean really freaked out. I was jumping up and down yelling and screaming. Ran all the way back to the gazebo, where Ghost was waiting. I didn't care anymore I slammed into him and hugged him like there was no tomorrow, and he hugged back. It wasn't a kiss but it was enough.
"Jessi, Did you really mean what you said with Toast? I know I shouldn't have been listening but, thin walls you know." We were sitting on the bench in the gazebo when he asked. I wasn't expecting it, I hadn' even thought that he might have heard us talking in the room. Was that why he dropped the picture?

"What do you want me to say? It was a childish crush from when I was 6. We've both grown since then so..." I tried not letting my emotion show in my words, but I don't think he would have noticed anyway. "Yes I did... but it doesn't matter. Like I said it was a stupid childhood crush that would have gone nowhere. It's not like you feel the same. If you did you wouldn't be..." that's when he kissed me, out of nowhere. He actually kissed me. He had never shown any interest in me up until now, what changed.

I didn't know what to make of it. Toast was, of course, staring at us. I was so out of it I ran back to my room. Ghost didn't follow thankfully, he probably had to have a chat with my brother. Oh my God did that just seriously happen. I spent the rest of the night thinking to myself in my room.
He kissed me, me, and he didn't care that toast had seen. In fact, he knew that toast was watching us. I don't understand this, I had never sensed any feeling for me from him. Though it was always hard to sense ghost if he didn't want me to, would I have really missed this? I don't know whats going on!

I got up from my bed and went over to my vanity. As I stared into the mirror, my eyes started changing from a sea blue to a shocking black. I wasn't surprised, this happens when my emotions are strong. Though no one else has seen it because I usually lock myself in my room when it happens. I have many different things that happen to me or that I can do, and I try hard not to let others know them. It usually has to do with at least one of the three main abilities though. You know the highly advanced psychic level, and photographic memory. To top that I have the new one you learned, the ability to change my appearance, but only certain things. Like my hair and eyes and I can't really control it. I just have so may Secrets, I bet Jimmy would love it but would ghost?

Would he love me if he knew what I had done? Would he care? I know Jimmy has killed, but he's not Ghost. They are two different people. When I was in the ally, I didn't have to be a blue blood. I was me even if that me was killing people. The rush of adrenaline when they were running away took over. I felt free of everything that held me back, called me crazy, or even frightened me a little.

With everybody that fell in my mind, my eyes flashed bright red. I was frozen in my chair, blankly staring at the mirror as I remembered the ally scene. It was like a hurricane in my room. Not only was my hair whipping around but so was my entire room. Makeup, clothes, perfume, and even my pillows were flying around. I just stayed there picturing Jimmy in his dance of death. Looking over at me every chance he got. How the blood splattered on his shirt, staining my brother's white tee with it beautiful red. 

The black of my hair started to turn scarlet. In a way that looked as though blood was slowly covering it. Starting from the roots all the way down to the tips before it turned pink and then white at the end. My eyes looked as though they were glowing so brightly, they could have been used as flashlights. Yet all I was seeing was Blood and bodies... And Jimmy Casket. I watched as Jimmy walked over to me all covered in blood, as he knelt down and put his hands on me, and as he opened his mouth to say something.

"Jessi?! Hey, Jessi are you alright? What going on?" Where Jimmy was kneeling my vision started to fade. And as it cleared I found Ghost in front of me, his worry a tangible haze around him. He could tell I had no clue what was going on, and that I was a bit disoriented. So he took me to the bed and cuddled up with me on it. I just laid there and listened to his breathing. His worry never lessened but he did relax a little. Some of my hair fell in front of eyes and that's when I noticed it. I bolted up from the bed and ran back to the vanity. Slamming my hands down so hard that whatever had managed to stay on, fell off onto the floor. Ghost, of course, was next to me in a matter of seconds holding onto me. He probably thought I would freak again. 

I looked completely different. You already know that my hair turned red except the tips which were pink and white. And that my eyes, though they weren't glowing anymore, were still shockingly red. But now my skin was also pale, almost white, and my lips were a deep brick red almost brown. My eyeliner, a very dark black made my eyes pop against my skin. Then to top that all off, my teeth were whiter and sharper. Does that even make sense?

I started to shake a little, and ghost pulled me into an embrace. Which I quickly pulled out of. He looked surprised, but I couldn't take any more of this. I went and sat on my bed as Ghost started to fidget about the room. I could read his mind like an open book, though I don't know how. He doesn't see how I could tell him I loved him but then refuse to even be held by him. He was trying so hard not to freak himself. I don't know what changed in him, he never felt this way. I just...

"Can you just stop?" That got his attention and confusion. He stopped fidgeting but he knew of course that that wasn't what I meant. "How can you act as though you care, when you couldn't even dare to look my way. You pushed me aside the second you finished a case, never even a goodbye. You couldn't even look me in the eye in the hotel." I felt him cringe at that, but I could stop there. Everything I felt was coming out at once and there was no stopping it. "Now you kiss me, you hug me. You hold me knowing that at the hotel you...You just left, after all, I did for you, you just left." tears were falling, and the words were hard to even choke out. Johnny grabbed me and pulled me into a hug, despite my struggles. 

"I... even... killed... for you." There was a long pause of nothing but breathing. I couldn't stop feeling as though I screwed up. I let the cat out of the bag and there is no way of knowing how he would react. He just hugged me harder as I melted into him. He pulled me back onto the sheets and covered us up. I was just so tired I couldn't fight anymore, so instead, I just laid there with him listening to his heartbeat. I fell asleep to him whispering the words... I Know.