7.Overloaded

I woke up with ghost still in my bed. It took awhile but I managed to get out of bed without waking him up. It was around 5:30 in the morning, so I did my Saturday chores. After I had finished all my chores including feeding the animals, I started to prepare breakfast. Knowing that the smell was traveling through the house, I expected toast to be running down the halls soon. I was making his favorite, with of course cheesy toast. I always made them when I was feeling a little down, because the smile and my bros face was priceless when he bit into them. I could hear Ghost walking down the hall, the minute I started making coffee. He sounded like a zombie. I quickly gave him his cup and went back to cooking. I had the table set and the newspaper by toast's spot.

I was in the process of plating when Toast finally made his appearance. He looked down in the dumps. He didn't seem to know why, but he was so upset and frustrated he didn't care. That was not like Toast, but it was like Ghost. Meanwhile Ghost seemed to be fine, tired but ok. Which only confused me more. I was trying to see what was wrong when he slammed his hands on the table making everyone jump.

"Will you stop looking at me that way. What is with you?" All his anger was pointed at me, and that's when I realized it had been this entire time. Was he upset over the kiss? Did he think I was trying to take ghost away? What's so wrong he snapped over it? "You are such a... You're all nice and sweet and then such a jerk." I don't understand what is going on. I was just taking everything he said because I was so shocked I could do anything else. 

Ghost was trying to calm him down but it wasn't working. Toast looked me straight in the eyes but all I saw was Jimmy. He was even radiating the same energy as Jimmy. It hit me as hard as any punch I could have gotten. Toast was channeling without realizing it. That would explain the confusion. But why was Jimmy so angry. And how was it that Toast was the one affected but not ghost. I am so confused.

Toast was screaming at how I was being stupid and so many other things that I lost track. But I could sense my blood start to boil. He wasn't hurting me but I was getting angry. Not only cause I was the target but because Toast NEVER got upset, not like this and I hated seeing this. Especially since it wasn't even him. Ghost was staring at me and a spark of fear started to show up with him. Even Toast was starting back down a little but I was too far gone. I was pissed.
I could see myself through ghosts eyes. My hair was still red but once again It was whipping around, and my eyes were as bright as a flashlight. I had enough of this ridiculous situation for some reason Jimmy is pissed at me and Toast is feeling it. I just wanted to punch Ghost but I knew It wouldn't help.

I was across the room and in front of toast in an instant. Toast was so shocked and frightened that he fell onto the floor. I didn't want to hurt my brother but I wanted this to end. I figured he wouldn't do anything, so I turned my focus onto Ghost. I turned around as slow as I could as to seem at least a little normal. (I figured I must have been moving at least as fast as Jimmy, which is to say too fast to see.) I looked right a ghost but tried as hard as I could to reach into his mind and touch Jimmy that way I would know he heard me.

I was rewarded with the familiar gust of black energy. I could sense Jimmy was indeed upset. But he wouldn't tell me why. It was as if he was locking it all away from me. He was being very childish. Now to you, it might sound weird for me to call ghosts another half childish seeing as though they are basically the same person. But to me in my mind's eye, I was seeing Jimmy as clearly as I was seeing Ghost. Two separate people. And he was being childish, saying his feelings are the biggest secret he could have. It was just pissing me off more.

It was all I could do not to slap him in the face, but unfortunately, Ghost was still in charge. Toast seemed to have gotten better. He was so upset at himself for what had just happened, even though he still had no clue why. I tried to tell him to forget about it, but I couldn't make my self-speak. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because as soon as he could he was out the door. Probably went to the garden to work things out like before. I inclined my head towards the dining room chair, in hopes that Ghost would understand. He did of course but he didn't know why I wanted him to sit or why I didn't say so. He was still a little afraid of me, though he didn't say anything.