•the bond•

"ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɴᴅs?‬ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ɪᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ?‬ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴛᴏʀʏ's ᴅᴏɴᴇ?‬ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴏʀ ᴡʜᴏ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ‬"

~ ʟᴏᴜɪs ᴛᴏᴍʟɪɴsᴏɴ x sᴛᴇᴠᴇ ᴀᴏᴋɪ 'ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴏɴ'

"Your boyfriend called me," Chris said entering the tomb while I stayed on the ground holding my legs to my chest.

"He's not my boyfriend," I mumbled not taking my eyes off the ground in front of me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked the worst question possible. I just stood up speeding at him.

"How am I feeling? How am I feeling?! I feel like I can hear your nervous heartbeat, or can see the sweat dripping off your head. I feel like I can smell the blood being pumped through your body! I feel like a monster." I said and he just remained claim, didn't move a muscle. He just leaned in and pulled me into his embrace.

"I love you. This doesn't change anything. We protect those who cannot protect themselves. We changed it remembers." He said and I couldn't help but cry.

"But I can't be your daughter anymore. I can't stain the family name like this. I took an oath." I said and he just held me tighter.

"None of that matters now, baby girl. There is no family name after me. You've lived up to the name, you were the best hunter this families ever had." He said releasing me but holding onto my shoulders.

"What do I do now? Alaric has the stake, I cannot carry out my oath." I said and he nodded.

"You do what you think is right. This is your world now, not mine." He said and I just wiped the tears from my face.

"Kol is here for you, he is going to help you with all the things I can't. I love you, Allison." He said kissing my forehead before leaving the tomb.

"Hi, Sweetheart," Kol said slowly walking in towards her. He was nervous beyond belief. I just looked up to meet his eyes, and his heart sunk seeing how awful she was feeling.

"I'm sorry I called you I know you were trying to stay away from things like this. I'm just a mess, I'm sorry." I said going to wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Don't. I think you look beautiful when you cry." Kol said, and he truly meant it, but I just cracked a light smile at the cheesy line.

"I'm the one who should be sorry. It is my fault you were involved, we are mated my mother was using you to get to me." He said and my smile faltered.

"Don't worry about that. I killed her, well not like vampire kill but I stabbed her." I said and he smirked.

"You never fail to impress me, Argent," Kol said as he put a hand on her cheek.

"It's so crazy to think, vampire and not just any I'm like you," I said and he nodded as he caressed my cheek.

"I know this is not the life you once intended on, but I promise you I'll do everything in my power to make it the best forever anyone could ever ask for," Kol said and no matter what pain I was feeling I could instantly feel it vanish.

"Thank you. I'm glad we found each other when we did." I said and he smiled.

"Come, sweetheart. Let's get you home." Kol said and he had no plans on taking her to her own home. They were going to Klaus' because he knew home wasn't a place. It was a person.