•new year, new secret•

"ɪ ᴡᴀs ʏᴏᴜɴɢ, ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɴ ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴠɪɴɢ ғᴜɴ ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴇᴡ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ʜᴇʏ, ɪ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀ ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴏғ ᴠɪᴇᴡ ғᴇᴇʟs ᴛᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ɪ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ"

~ɴɪᴀʟʟ ʜᴏʀᴀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʀʀᴇɴ ᴍᴏʀʀɪs 'sᴇᴇɪɴɢ ʙʟɪɴᴅ'

"Has anyone seen my brown jacket?" I called out as rushed down the stairs.

"Check the hall closet." My mother Victoria said from the kitchen.

I followed her directions and found my jacket handing in the closet. I quickly grabbed it and went into the kitchen.

"You've seen the news?" My mom asked as she casually poured her coffee.

"Not yet why?" I asked grabbing an apple and a water.

"Two hikers missing, you know what that means." She said and I just sighed not saying anything as my dad walking into the kitchen.

"You need a ride today?" My dad Chris asked as he walked past placing a kiss on my head.

"Bonnie's picking me up, she thought I'd be best if we were both there for Elena." I said and unknowingly my parents both shared a look.

"You remember the rules right." He said strictly.

"Yes dad." I said rolling my eyes.

"You can't tell anyone about the hunter stuff and if they ask over the summer we went to visit your uncle Ric who lives by Duke University." My mom said.

"Yeah because I'm gonna go to school and yell to the halls that you trained your distant cousin and I to be supernatural hunters." I said rolling my eyes.

"Be safe and if you see anything-" Dad went to say but I cut him off.

"Nous chassons ceux qui nous chassent." I said in a flawless French accent. A car horn outside beeped causing me to pick up my bag from the chair.

"Matt said he and Ty would pick up Mikey. I'll see you guys later." I said spinning around and heading out the front door.

I hurried off the porch and quickly got into Bonnie's car.

"Hey Bon how was your summer?" I asked as I put my seatbelt on.

"Probably not as eventful as yours. Grams was drunk most of the time and wouldn't give up on the psychic stuff." Bonnie said as she pulled out of my drive way.

I wonder if she'll ever find out that Grams isn't drunk but telling the truth. There's the downside to this whole family hunter stuff: keeping it from my best friends.

"If it makes you feel any better I just hung around the Duke Campus while my dad caught up with his cousin." I lied and Bonnie smirked.

"So any hot college guys?" Bonnie asked with a wide smirk.

"You know I'm with Tyler." I said and she sent me a look.

"Hooking up occasionally isn't dating and besides he's found a new special friend." Bonnie said stopping in front of the Gilbert home.

"Who?" I asked before hoping I hopped into the backseat. I knew Elena would probably be more comfortable in the front seeing as she was in the back when her parents accident occurred.

"Vicki Donovan." She said and I gagged.

"You could do better anyway Alli." Bonnie said with a small smile as Elena got into the car.