•brother•

"ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ sᴇᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀʀᴘ ᴋɴɪғᴇ ᴏғ ᴀ sʜᴏʀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ, ᴡᴇʟʟ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ sᴏ ᴘᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇsᴛ ʙᴏʏs ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴡᴇᴀʀ ᴍʏ ᴘᴇᴀʀʟs ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅɪᴅ ɪs ᴅᴏɴᴇ"

~ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀʀʏ 'ɪғ ɪ ᴅɪᴇ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ'

Early the next morning I went to Elena's just as she was waking up. Jermey let me inside and I went straight upstairs to see Elena. Last night I made deal with Bonnie.

"Hey Alli." Elena said as she was making her bed.

"We need to talk." I said and she shrugged and stopped making her bed giving me her full attention.

"I think you're mistaking my protecting you as me putting my life in place of yours. I'm not doing that, I'm not Stefan or Damon." I said and Elena sighed.

"I never asked you to, I never even asked them to." Elena said obviously not understanding.

"Elena you're throwing yourself to the wolves literally and the people who care about you aren't just gonna sit by and let it happen. Katherine could've killed Jermey last night. For all you know Elijah wants me dead for looking like my ancestor but yet we keep fighting and that's why I have to do this." I said and Elena looked confused.

"What did you do?" She asked but quickly ran past me and down the stairs.

I picked up the moonstone that sat beside her bed and followed her downstairs to see Bonnie walking out the door with a slight smirk on her face.

"You can't just leave me trapped in here!" Elena whines and I shrugged.

"You heading out?" Jermey asked coming down the stairs.

"Yeah." I said ignoring Elena's glare.

"Wanna grab some breakfast at the Grill?" He asked and I smiled.

"Let's go." I said and he and I walked out the door leaving a pouting Elena.

At the Grill Jermey and I sat having breakfast when he blurted out something that really stuck.

"I know things have been kinda different between us lately and I know you probably kissed me because I'm an idiot and you didn't know what else to do and that's fine but I just want you to know that if you ever need something or even if you just wanna talk.. I'll be here, always." He said and there was no way to make the smile leave my face.

"I didn't kiss you because your an idiot Jermey. I mean you are an idiot for doing what you did. But I guess I was frustrated that someone I cared about so much wanted to become the thing I was told to hate." I said and he softly smile.

•••🖤•••

At the Grill I was sitting with Damon and Ric at the bar as we watched a woman walk in.

"Mmm, Mason's mystery woman." Damon hummed looking at her.

"Where is Mason anyway?" Ric asked.

"Decomposing in his truck." Damon said and I raised a brow.

"So you think she is a werewolf?" Ric asked and I looked to Damon.

"Well I hope not, being that it's a full moon, Ric, but we should definitely find out." Damon said pulling wolfsbane from his pocket.