Chapter 30

"DRAGONS!" The elf yelled again. Soon the call was being echoed among all the elves. Shane turned around and saw that a single silver dragon had taken to the sky and was flying at them.

Shane looked over and saw Cass franticly getting back in her saddle and he scrambled to do the same.

Can you tell who the dragon and rider are? Shane asked as he strapped himself in.

Yes its Shynari and her rider Lirand. Rilora said. Shane's stomach tightened into knots as he watched his old trainer fly at them.

They had to send someone we know. Shane thought as Rilora took to the sky.

But that doesn't change anything. Rilora said. Cass and Shaylin flew beside them as they made their way towards the center of the battle field.

Shane braced himself for Rilora to do some kind of aerial maneuver as they got closer to Lirand and his dragon. He was expecting to be at a severe disadvantage fighting Shynari because she had trained Rilora. As Shane and Cass neared Lirand the prepared themselves for Shynari to attack the moment she could.

Instead, Lirand landed his dragon in the center of the field.

Rilora and Shaylin circled over head like birds flying over a dying animal.

What do we do now? Rilora asked. Shane leaned over the saddle to get a better look at what Lirand was doing.

I have no idea. He is just sitting down there. Shane said as he watched Lirand.

Cass says we need to go see what he wants. Rilora said as she began circling closer to the ground.

What? No we can't do that fly up, fly up! Shane shouted with his mind. Rilora continued flying lower to the ground with Cass and Shaylin right behind them.

No they are right we need to see what they want. Rilora argued back. The moment she landed on the ground Shane lunged at Lirand who had already gotten off of his dragon as well.

As Shane neared the rider Lirand undid his sheath and allowed his sword to fall to the ground. Shane slowed his running but did not put his sword away.

"Shane." Lirand said. Shane nodded at him but not speak.

Lirand looked to Cass and lowered his head slightly as he spoke to her. "And you must be Cassidy."

"I am, and you are Lirand The Silver, rider of Shynari." Lirand smiled and nodded his head.

"You are just as I had expected a rider of a gold dragon to be." Lirand said with a smile. He looked around to the skies looking for the third dragon. "And where is Hayden?" He asked, the smile removed from his face.

"He isn't here." Shane said quickly, still not having put his sword away.

"Well that is obvious Shane but where is he?" Lirand asked again.

"Not here." Shane growled to get his message across.

"That's a shame because I had wanted to speak with all three of you." Lirand looked back to his dragon and remained silent for a few seconds before speaking again.

"No matter, the two of you will do." Lirand turned and faced the two riders again.

'What exactly are you doing here?" Cass asked as she stepped closer to Shane.