Chapter sixteen, part B

Hayden carefully made his way through the trees, doing his best to remain hidden for as long as possible. He wanted to see what the ship and its crew were up to before he revealed himself.

Well, what are they doing? Draek asked as Hayden inched his way behind the last bushes before the sand started.

It looks like they have lowered a small boat and are coming towards the beach. Hayden said as he watched the smaller boat cast off from the ship and make its way towards the beach.

I don't like being left behind I am coming with you. Draek was getting agitated waiting at the lake.

No not yet I think there is only five people in the boat, they won't be a problem. Hayden notched an arrow and slowly stepped out of hiding as the boat landed on the beach.

"Ah so you was right, there is a scavenger here. Look, he's got himself a little bow and arrow." A large man spoke as he got out of the boat and pulled it further up onto the beach. He spoke to another man on the boat and when they made it ashore the speaker handed the other man a silver coin from his pocket.

"Well little man, today is your lucky day. We are here to rescue you from this island." The large man walked closer to Hayden. "Now be a good lad and put your toys down, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself."

"Thank you for the offer but no thank you, I am waiting on someone." Hayden said as he pulled back on his bow and pointed it at the man.

Even with an arrow pointed at his chest the man continued to walk to Hayden. "Ah you misunderstood me lad, you are coming with us." The man was only ten feet away from Hayden when Hayden released the first arrow in between his feet.

The man stopped walking and looked down at the arrow. It only took a second for the man to look up but by the time he did Hayden already had another arrow notched and pulled back.

"Alright lad you made your point." The man raised his hands but did not move from where he stood. "I understand you don't want to come with us but you don't have a choice. I promise you though if you come peacefully I will try to find a good ship for you to work on, one that doesn't beat their slaves to much."

Hayden looked at the man as he spoke and he saw the iron shackles hanging from his belt. Slavers. Hayden thought to himself as he pulled his arrow back and took aim. The man made no move to avoid the arrow.

Hayden was about to release the arrow when something caught his attention. In between the shore and the ship something was happening in the water. The water began to toss and turn sporadically as something started coming up out of the water. Something big.

Hayden fired an arrow but his aim was off so it flew harmlessly over the slaver. Hayden was about to turn and run back to Draek. He didn't care if they had to flee and leave all their gear, that didn't matter. Surviving mattered and there could be only one thing coming up from under the water like that. A blue dragon.

Just as Hayden realized that the slaver sprinted at Hayden and yanked the bow out of his hands. The slaver reached behind him and grabbed one of the shackles and put it on Hayden's wrist. The slaver moved so fast that Hayden had not realized what was happening until the first shackle was on his wrist.

"Like I said lad, you are coming with us." The slaver smiled and Hayden could see more gold teeth then regular ones. The slaver grabbed Hayden's other wrist and went to put the shackle on but Hayden regained control over his body and went on the attack.