Chapter 62

Here you go. I'm going to apologize now for this chapter... xxx

-

As soon as Zac stops the car I'm out of it and running. Harry looks up and squints into the headlights, shielding his face from the light with his bleeding hand.

"Harry! Thank god we found you" I say wrapping my arms around him instantly but pull away when I hear him wince.

"Ouch" he says dully as if he really doesn't care.

I take a small step back as he takes another swig of alcohol, straight bourbon it looks like, and assess him. He has a few cuts across his knuckles, a bruised cheek and two large wounds above his left eyebrow and lip.

"What happened to you?" I ask worriedly reaching out but he shrugs me away and staggers back a step while I pretend I'm not hurt from his movements.

"Harry we need to get you home and clean you up" I try again, reaching for the bottle this time.

"No fucking way. I'm staying right here" he slurs, taking another long drink.

"You're bleeding. We need to get you-"

"No! I'm not going home" he raises his voice this time.

I look back to the car to see Jodi and Zac just watching us with concerned looks, Jodi more so than Zac. I'm guessing they're waiting to see if I can get Harry in the car myself rather than causing a big fuss though I'm doubting he'll come.

"Then come back to my place. It's literally just across the road" I suggest, gesturing to my small apartment that I can imagine being much warmer than this freezing cold air.

"Did you not fucking hear me Ella? I'm not going anywhere so you can fuck off!" he almost growls as he chucks the now empty bottle into the middle of the street, smashing it to pieces. I can't help but take a little step back as his temper begins to fire up. I hate seeing him like this and I'm scared that with him this worked up and drunk, that I won't be able to calm him down.

"That's enough Harry!" I hear Jodi yell from behind me, slamming her door closed as she starts to walk over to us.

"Oh, here we fucking go" Harry rolls his eyes as Jodi joins us.

"What the hell's going on?" Jodi almost yells at him as I take another step back.

"Nothing. Ella was just leaving" he says, staring me down as he waits for me to turn.

I wait a few moments to see if he changes but without any waver in his eyes, I can see he is lost, making my chest cave in at the feeling of him not wanting me here. His eyes are glazed over and red as he stares at me in utter despise yet I have no idea what I have done.

I finally turn on my heel and walk back to the car as I leave Jodi and Harry to talk.

"He doesn't want to get in?" Zac asks as the two of them continue talking or yelling outside. I can't hear anything but by the looks of it Harry's getting an earful from Jodi.

"Either that or he just doesn't want me here" I say looking away from the two just as Jodi gestures to the car and Harry looks right at me and even though he doesn't look as angry I still can't believe how rude he was.

"He wants you Ella. In fact he needs you. He just doesn't know it because he's absolutely trashed" Zac gives me a small smile with his kind words though I can't quite believe him when I'm being told to leave all the time.

I give him a small smile back and get out my phone, texting my mum as I feel a sudden wave of home sickness hit me.

*I miss you* I send her and lock the screen quickly before I end up calling her.