Chapter 77

Jodis POV:

After waiting at least 15 minutes for Ella she finally arrives at the cafe and when she does I instantly know something bad has happened. Her face is expressionless when she sits down at the table, and I can tell she's trying to hide her red puffy eyes as she shuffles around in her bag before eventually pulling out a pair of sunglasses.

"You okay?" I ask the most dumbest question as I feel like it has the most obvious answer, but you gotta start somewhere.

Though I bet I know exactly where this hurt is coming from.

She nods with a poor attempt of a smile so I give my 'I stand for no bullshit' face, which seems to work as she suddenly changes to shaking her head.

"Shit hon, what happened?" I say, already getting angry as she starts sobbing a little.

Ella always tries hard to keep herself together, even in front of the people she's closest too, so seeing her like this again only pisses me off more as I know exactly who did this.

"I don't know" she shrugs, sniffling as she tries not to break down in public though I really couldn't give two craps about any of these people to be honest.

"One minute I was saying goodbye to Mr Styles and the next I'm watching that Mandy girl wrap herself around Harry like a needy Koala" she says getting a little flustered as well as angry.

"Well fuck" I say, a little shocked by the fact he moved on so quickly. I seriously thought this time with Ella was different. Well it is different in comparison to what he's had with a load of other girls but why the fuck would he move on so quickly if Ella meant so much to him. Shouldn't he be crying or some shit? I know Harry doesn't cry but he could at least just sit at home and mope around the dumb idiot.

Now look at my friend. Sitting with her arms wrapped around her fragile self as she tries to hold her whole damn life together. And it's all blown up cause of this one psycho Dan guy. God I'd like to give him a good punch in the face.

"I heard Koalas have a load of std's" I point out, taking a sip on my almost finished coffee as Ella finally gives me a smile.

"True" she agrees, using the corner of her sleeve to wipe away a few tears.

"So did you even get to talk to Papa Styles or?"

"Yeah I did" she says, pouring herself a glass of water then taking a few sips. "I resigned" she says, my mouth instantly dropping open.

"What? Why? I mean, I know why but what?" I ask, getting more and more confused the more I think about it.

Ella loved that job and she loved working with Mr Styles just as much as he did with her but of course it had to be ruined didn't it.

"I want to go home Jodi" she sighs, and I can hear how tired she is through her quietly strained voice.

"Okay, yeah you should probably get some rest" after seeing that douche bag I want to add but save myself for when I give him an earful later.

"No" she shakes her head, stopping me as I stand to my feet, "I mean I want to go home to America"

"Oh fuck" I say fully surprised, the words coming out before I even have time to stop myself. "But you haven't even been here 5 months. You should at least try wait it out a little while" I say, not wanting to lose the only girl I would truly accept as a friend. She's not annoying like those other skanky little bitches but I will admit, I feel like the fire I saw in her when we first met is slowly fading out.

"I don't know" she says, taking another sip of water as she looks out onto the street, obviously lost with her own decision.

"But isn't your flight tonight?" I question her out of the blue move, hoping she properly thinks through this before doing anything she regrets.