Chapter 23

Ellas POV:

"What are you doing up so early?" Jodi grumbles from under the duvet when I enter the room.

"It's not early, it's past lunch time" I chuckle sitting down next to her and she pulls the blanket away from her face, blue eyes squinting from the light.

"Shit, why didn't you wake me? Aren't you supposed to be on your way back to London?" she asks, a little more awake now while sitting up against the head rest with me.

"We're staying here for a couple of weeks now so I guess your stuck with me" I try and joke.

"Well I'm going back to England in a couple of days but that's awesome!!" she smiles and I try and smile back.

"Whats wrong?" she frowns slightly at my dull reaction to the news even though that's not what I'm down about.

"Nothing" I shrug, trying to act as natural as possible.

"You don't want to stay in Paris?" she raises an eyebrow in confusion.

"No, of course I want to stay. It's beautiful here" I assure her but it only makes her look more confused as she tries to guess whats wrong.

"Then what is it?" she shakes her head and then covers her hand over her mouth, "Oh god, is it Harry? He came over this morning didn't he? What did he say?"

"No he didn't come over" I emphasize the 'didn't' and Jodi lets out a small "oh" in realization.

"I thought he said he was coming over" I say looking down at my hands in disappointment.

I don't know why I got my hopes up. I sat on that stupid couch for most of the morning, mindlessly flicking through the TV channels as I waited for a door knock, but nothing. Once it reached 11.30 I knew he wasn't coming.

"So did I" Jodi says a little grumpy.

She kicks the duvet off before getting off the bed and searching through her handbag. She doesn't seem too happy about something so I stand from the room and go back to watch some TV, leaving her to her own devices.

Harrys POV:

Jodi: Where the fuck are you moron???!!!

I frown at my phone as I read the abusive txt from Jodi. Was I supposed to meet her somewhere? And if I was she could just say, fuck.

H:What are you talking about?

I quickly push send before I end up adding the word 'Bitch' at the end. Shes so snappy all the time. Just as I'm about to take a bite of my pasta, the annoying vibration of my phone goes off the white table cloth. It sounds so god damn annoying, though I'm pretty sure I'm just thinking that cause I know it's from Jodi.

"For fucks sake" I grunt, dropping my fork and picking up my phone.

"What?" Zac asks, taking another huge bite of his sandwich.

At the rate he's eating he might as well shove the entire damn thing down his throat.

"It's your stupid girlfriend" I grunt opening the message and Zac lets out an all knowing laugh. He knows just as much as I do how annoying Jodi can be.

Jodi: You were supposed to come over to talk to Ella! She was waiting all morning for you idiot.

Fuck.

H: She's staying here for another two weeks isn't she? I have plenty of time to talk to her. And besides you were there!

"What's she hassling you about now?" Zac asks but I momentarily ignore him as I receive a quick reply back.

Jodi: So? She's not going to wait around forever.

H: I want to figure out what I actually want to say to her first rather than rushing in and saying the wrong thing! Fuck give me a chance.

She's so fucking nosy. Has been for as long as I can remember. She should mind her own damn business and let me talk to Ella in my own time.

"So?" Zac raises his eyebrow.

Jodi: Grows some balls Harry.

I turn my phone off after I read her last txt. I don't need this shit from her right now. I'm already confused about this whole thing as it is.

"She's hassling me about shit" I sigh, shoving a huge pile of pasta in to my mouth.

"About Ella?" he asks and I frown at his mention of her.

"How do you know?"

"Jodi told me" he shrugs as if it's no big deal.

Fucking big mouth Jodi.

"Told you what?" I ask taking another bite, tasting the creamy sauce.

"That you took a girl to dinner last night deliberately to get Ella to back off" he says with judging eyes and I tighten my grip around my fork.

I stay silent as I have no idea how to explain myself. Obviously I know now that it was a stupid idea but at the time I thought it was perfect. I thought that Ella would simply shrug it off and move on but from her reaction after she found out what I did, I knew I went too far. The guilt I felt while watching her run towards the nearest taxi was nothing like the guilt I felt when I saw her sitting on the couch at her hotel room. Her hazel eyes were surround by red puffiness, her cheeks red and wet and her hair a mess. She look destroyed and I couldn't believe I did that to her. I hadn't realized just how much she feels for me, and after last night, I suppose I didn't realize how much I feel for her either.

"Why'd you do it?" Zac breaks me from my thoughts.

"I don't know" I say looking down at the huge bowel of food still left on the table, as if it will give me answers. As good as the pasta tasted, the remembrance of last night has made me lose my appetite.

"I think it's cause you really like her" he says crossing his arms across his chest while leaning back in his chair

"And I think you should shut your mouth" I bite back and he lets out a loud laugh.

"Seriously bro, what's the deal with her?" he leans forward a little, obviously unaffected by my previous words.

Both him and Jodi are like that. Both smart mouths who don't care what I spit out at them. Usually I like it but when it comes to Ella I can't stand their opinions on the whole thing. Whatever the 'thing' is.

"She's my dads PA. That's what the deal is" I say making up an excuse for my stupid retaliation but I don't have one.

"Pfft. That hasn't stopped you before" he scoffs and I stay silent as he calls me out on my lame excuse.

He's right. I couldn't care less if she worked for my dad or not. It's because it's Ella for fucks sake. The weird workaholic who also happens to be the highlight of my day almost every single gloom weekday. I usually just get my kicks out of annoying the crap out of her but she's actually a lot of fun, and fucking hot.

"I think you like her and you're just being a pussy about it" he smiles teasingly and I glare at him.

"You're just as bad as Jodi with her stupid ass judgments" I sigh.

"Whatever bro" he laughs.

I bet he's happy I compared him to Jodi. He's in awe of her and it's almost sickening to watch.

"I reckon you should just go for it." he says as we both stand to our feet.

"Since when did we start talking like this?" I raise my eyebrows at him as we go to pay for our meals.

Seriously, the only girl Zac talks about is Jodi and I never talk about girls to him seeing as there has never been anyone worth talking about.

"I'm pretty sure since you started picturing yourself naked in bed with Ella" he grins smartly.

"Fuck off" I laugh at his witty comment as I know he knows it's true.

Asshole.

"Hey wanna go out tonight?" Zac asks looking up from his phone, "Jodi just said she's staying in tonight with Ella"

Ellas POV:

"C'mon then, let's go" Jodi suddenly snatches the remote control out of my hand and switches off the TV.

"Hey I was watching that" I groan, not moving from my spot on the couch.

"Not anymore. We're going out" she says pulling the blanket off my sprawled out body and lifting me by my hands, taking me to the bedroom.

"It's nearly 9.30. Where are we going to go?" I yawn.

"No yawning!" she snaps, " we're going out clubbing"

"ohh please no" I sigh, lying back onto my bed.

"ohh please yes" she mocks and I smile at her even though I have my eyes closed as I rest on the pillow.

"I'm not in the mood nor do I recall having a positive outcome from the last time we were at a club" I say, remembering that that was the night everything happened with Harry.

"Oh Ella, don't be down about him. You're in Paris for christ sake! The city of love" she flutters her eyelids and I sit up at the edge of the bed, " And you have the weekend off do you not?"

"Yes" I reply flatly.

"And I am going back home in a few days yes?" she mockingly puts her hands on her hips.

"Yes"

"And you want to experience Paris, yes?"

Where have I heard this before...

"Yes" I sigh knowing she's eventually going to get me out that door whether I like it or not.

"Well then, lets get to it" she snaps her fingers and I stand up from the bed watching her as she shifts through some of her shopping bags from yesterday.

"Besides, I don't want the pretty dress I bought you go to waste" she smiles pulling out the sparkly silver dress I had tried on but decided against.

"Oh my god Jodi when did you get that?" I say reaching for the beautiful material.

"Yesterday when you were getting changed after trying it on for the second time" she smiles, obviously proud of herself, "here" she says handing me the dress.

"Thank you Jodi! I'm going to pay you back for this" I promise, taking the small amount of material into my hands. Even though it's extremely short I was still completely in love with it when I tried it on in the shop.

"Don't worry about it Ella. It looked amazing on you" she comments and I pick up the hotel rooms phone.

"No I am, and I'm going to start off by ordering a bottle of wine for us" I say dialing the room service number.

"Oooh someone wants to get a little wasted with me tonight?" she smiles evilly.

"Well if I'm going to be walking around in a skimpy dress like this, then yes, cause there's no way I'm wearing it sober"...

-

Double update cause I love you all! ;)

x