[M] Sweet Nectar Of The Gods

Lux handed me a bundle of clothes.

We stood in front of the bathroom, where I could change.

"Here you go," he said, "the pants might be a bit big on you."

I nodded and closed the door behind me. My clothes stuck to my body. I stripped them away and pulled on the stuff he'd given me.

Everything was big on me.

I sighed and tied the strings of the sweatpants as tightly as I could. Otherwise, they would fall down. As for the shirt... it mostly worked. It kind of draped around my torso and came down to my thighs.

They smelled like Lux.

It reminded me of when I wore Cassius' clothes.

I scrutinized my reflection for a moment. My hair was a mess but I looked semi-well rested? Which was better than usual.

With a sigh, I stepped out of the bathroom cautiously. Lux was laying on his back with his arms sprawled on either side of him. I walked over to my side of the bed.

"What do I do with the other clothes?" I asked awkwardly, they were in a pile on the floor.

"Leave them," he muttered and pat the spot beside him with his hand. I crawled in beside him and felt a pang of hunger in my stomach but I ignored it as best I could. Lux turned to me and wrapped an arm around my waist. I relaxed into his body and pressed my face into his warm neck.

"Lux?" I murmured and closed my eyes, "will the war ever be over?"

"Soon, we're negotiating as of now," he murmured and kissed the top of my head. I felt my heart thumping inside my chest.

"Really?" I whispered it would be weird without the war. It had been active my entire life. And I was fucking old.

"Mmhm," he hummed quietly and squeezed me closer to his chest.

"But what if something happens?" I asked, like, I don't know, someone kidnapping the prince's mate.

"Go to sleep, Alabaster."

-

Three days.

No sexual energy.

I could feel it eating away at me. I was tired and sick. A constant headache pounded inside my skull and my body was always burning up.

Lux had been with Bane all day so he hadn't seen the symptoms develop. But he definitely would when he returned.

I bit my lip and clamped my arms over my stomach that ached with hunger. It was terrifying to tell someone I was an incubus. You could never tell how they'd react. Even someone who you'd think would be accepting, could turn on you. I just had to pray that someone wasn't Lux.

But I wasn't sure if I wanted energy if it meant betraying Cassius. Then again, I don't think he'd want me to starve to death either.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I had nowhere to go. I was screwed either way. But what if Cassius didn't rescue me? What if he could never find me and I would just be waiting for him? I cringed in pain and fear.

This was insufferable.

I whimpered quietly and squeezed my eyes shut, fuck, fuck, I needed energy. I needed Lux, he was all I could count on at the moment. My stomach felt like it was eating itself, I was hungry. And as a byproduct of that, horny. I didn't think I'd be able to stop myself from jumping the first person who walked through that door.