SOME ROMANTIC SHIT HAPPENS

"Ugh, I fucking hate that," I groaned, Cassius had brought me back to the human world. I wasn't sure why I thought we were going somewhere in Hell. "Cassius, why are we here?"

"There's someone you need to see," the prince muttered, I looked around. It seemed like... a park? Why would he take me here?

"N-Nikolai, stop-" My breathing stopped almost entirely. It couldn't be...

I whipped around to find Nikolai pushing Jamie along.

"Jamie?" I whispered in utter shock, he looked up at me, confused for a moment. And then an expression of realization shot across his face and he covered his mouth with his hands.

"Allie!" He gasped and embraced me, then he pulled me away.

And slapped me across the face. Hard.

I could feel Nikolai and Cassius tense.

"You absolute asshole! You practically got kidnapped and then you wait- what two weeks? And then you just- you just-" Jamie let out a sound of frustration and turned to Nikolai. He pressed his forehead to his chest for a moment. The vampire pat his back. I was becoming more and more suspicious of their relationship.

Finally, Jamie whipped around and walked straight up to Cassius.

Fuck.

Cassius had a good two feet and hundred pounds on Jamie. But here he was smoldering with rage. I hope he doesn't slap him.

"And you," Jamie hissed and without another word, he kicked Cassius in the shin. Shit. "You fucking kidnapped him didn't you? You're Cassius."

Jamie raised his hand to hit the prince again but Cassius caught his arm and pushed him back towards Nikolai.

"Nikolai, control your- him," Cassius muttered and stepped closer to me.

"Don't tell me what to do demon," the vampire hissed, but nevertheless held Jamie back.

"Allie..." Jamie looked at me again. "Wh-what happened?"

"Cassius is... he's my mate, Jamie," I whispered and intertwined my fingers with Cassius'.

"What? How did you know? What's going to happen now?"

"I have to live with him, in Hell, it's my duty," I murmured "but we can still be friends."

Jamie looked at his feet for a moment.

"I understand if you really love him, but this is just a lot." Jamie sighed, I stepped forward and embraced him.

"You're my only friend, you know that Jamie?" I laughed and held him tighter, he smelled different.

"God, you're a loser, I love you," Jamie cried, my eyes watered.

"I love you too, I'll come to see you, promise," I whispered, Jamie nodded and pulled away. "I promise."

-

"Ah fuck, now we're going to show up and I look like I'm about to cry," I laughed half-heartedly.

Cassius brushed my bangs to the side and kissed my forehead, "I'm sorry, I thought you would want to see him."

"Oh I did, it just makes me kind of sad," I lamented and slipped my hands into his, "but I would rather be with you than in the human world."

"Thanks, Allie," he teased and squeezed my hands.

"Whatever Assius," I returned as he slipped an arm around my waist.