Prologue

I could not believe my eyes. Jake, my boyfriend, was kissing another girl!

"Hey Mia, do you want to grab a café after school?" My best friend Anna asked me.

"Sure," I replied smiling.

Anna has been my best friend since middle school. A friendship I hope would last a lifetime. We may have been born from different parents but she couldn't be more of a sister to me if she tried. 

We were walking out of the school parking lot when I saw it. Jake, my recent boyfriend was kissing another girl.

'That asshole' I thought, tears gathering in my eyes. 

"Is that Jake kissing another girl?" Anna asked shocked, her mouth gaping like a fish.

My blood was practically boiling in anger.

'I'm going to kill him'

"No you are not!" I heard Anna scream in my ear.

'Did I say my thoughts out loud?'

"Yes you did! Mia listen,you need to calm down...just walking on him screaming like a banshee won't help. Besides, you told me that you don't really love the guy..." She said,ever the sensible one.

When Mia said that I did not love him, you could say that she was partially right. In fact Jake and I had barely started dating a few weeks back. Let's just say that my dating history is quite bad and I had some serious trust issues. Seeing Jake like that made me want to cry. I was not going to be depressed again,not this time.

"Mia are you even listening to me?" Anna asked,annoyed.

"Sorry," I whispered back.

"Listen we are going to make him pay one way or another...Let's go Mi..." She trailed on. She was still looking at the lovely couple kissing(note the sarcasm).

Jake Finn Anderson you are so going to regret this. With that promise, Anna and I exited the parking lot without a backward glance.