Chapter 15 - Catching the Mortal

Skye's POV

Bonnie, Caroline, Jeremy, Elena, Stefan and Damon were all sitting in the parlour. I was standing in the middle of the room. All eyes in the room was on me but I didn't really know what to say. It was totally quiet in the room until I finally figured with what I should start with. 

"Well you all know that we need to find Silas and bring him here. Bonnie and I have to stay here and prepare for the spell. I have done this spell once so I know how to do it but because my resent lack of witchyness Bonnie will have to do it", I told them all. Once in the 30's I had met two half brothers. Someone had put a bindingspell on them. The person had left a mark on their chest's and they had come to me for help. Back then I had been in a town somewhere in Europe. People with complicated problems had come to me for help in exchange for money. The spell book I had in front of me at the moment had belonged to me at that time. Somehow it had ended up with Gloria but I had finally gotten it back. Back in the 30's I had sucessfully seperated the two brothers and I was planning on the same result that day.

"I have a plan so you guys just need to follow it, okay?", I looked at every single one of them and focused my eyes.

"Caroline you will have an easy job, distract Klaus. He seems to have a thing for you so the only thing you have to do is keep him from looking for Silas. You should probably be somewhere private because we can at least hope that Silas will be somewhere public", I told her. She looked at me as if she wanted me dead. I gave her a smirk and wiggled my eyebrows. I moved along to Jeremy.

"You will stay here with me and Bonnie. We have to make sure that nothing happens to you and you'll be safe here". I gave him no time to argue before I moved along to Elena.

"Elena you will have to look around all of our houses and at the school".

"Stefan you go look around the middle of town".

"Damon, you get the Grill. He just turn mortal after thousands of year of immortality, he will probably need some liquor". Damon half smirked, half gave me an 'are-you-kidding-me' look. 

"You know that I'm not an alchoholic, right?", he asked me which I rolled my eyes at. 

"Don't argue with me. Don't think that I have forgotten about what you tried to do to me". I gave him a hard stare and he backed of on the subject. Everyone soon walked away on their missions and the rest of us started to get to work. 

"We need a whole lot of candles, a bowl of water, a bowl of earth, a bowl of mixed sandalwood and sage and lastly Jeremy's blood and Silas's blood", I told the two of them. "You two go and fix the herbs, I will start with everything else, okay?", I asked them. They agreed and left me alone in the boarding house. I felt so alone suddenly. I was in the big house and no one was even near me at that moment. I took up my phone to check for updates but I had no texts. 

"So just me then and about a hundred of candles", I said to myself and started get to work.

Stefan's POV

I was walking around the town square looking left and right for Silas. Skye had told us to look for someone that looked like me. I was still feeling surprised. I was a doppleganger and it made me feel uncomfortable. Silas was sick and twisted but he was also my decendant. I just wanted everything to be over. But for that to happen we would have to find my ancestor. 

Elena's POV

I had been to most of my friends houses. I had thought of going to my house but then I remembered how I burned it to the ground. I still found it hard of thinking of all that I had done. The people I had killed and hurt was going to be inprinted inside of me forever. 

I started to think of Skyes. She had turned so mature since she left. I didn't really recognize her with all the changes she had made. She had coloured her hair black and it fitted her, though it somehow reminded me that she was darker too. She wasn't as witty and light as she had been before she left Mystic Falls. She was so mutch serious and in control. When she had yelled at me before I had felt the need to listen to her. She had sounded older, somehow like Stefan or Damon. Then I realised that in a way she was. She had lived as long as they had and she had so much experience. In other peoples eyes her being just fifteen and Damon being twentytwo it was weird. But in reality Skye was 149? Something like that and in that case seven years wouldn't really mean anything. Everyhting was all just so messed up and all I wanted was it to end. But first we would have to find a newly turned pshycopatic mortal.

Caroline's POV

I had thought that it would be hard to find Klaus but I decided to go with Damon to the Grill. Klaus had easily found me and tried to start a conversation. Because of my part of the plan I had to go along with it. I had learned my lesson from last time when Klaus discovered what I was doing so I tried to act as much as myself as possible. 

"I actually have somewhere to be so if you don't mind?", I said as I got up. Klaus got up from his seat as well.

"Well, it can't be that important. I have something that I would love to show you", he said. I acted as if I was really considering it.

"Okay, but no lovey dovey cute histories from your past", I said and pointed my finger at him. He laughed and shaked his head. Then we headed out of the Grill.

*LATER*

"Wait, did you really draw this?", I asked as I stared at a beautiful painting of a city skyline and a moon in the backround. 

"Yes, it's New Orleans. I would tell you about it but you told me no stories about my past", he told me. I moved my eyes away from the painting and saw that Klaus was looking at me with a sincere smile that made his dimples show. Against my will I felt something inside me warm up. I wanted to curse at the feeling but at the same time my lips seemed to work on their own and returned the smile.

No! What are you doing Caroline? Stop smiling at him. Think about all the bad things that he's done!

I tried really hard to think of the bad things but my mind just came up blank. 

"I think that it might be okay with one", I said with made his smile grow. So he told me about New Orleans, his home. He told me about how some witches had lured him away, saying that Hayley was pregnant. It had seemed that it had only been a lie and the little time that Klaus had spent in New Orleans he had spent catching up with an old friend, Marcel. He seemed so happy talking about it, his home. 

"I shouldn't have let you tell me about that", I said when he was done. We had moved outside and we were sitting down on a bench in his garden. 

"Why not?", he asked confused. I looked down a little insecure. 

"Because now I start to forget about all the reasons to why I shouldn't be with you", I said thruthfully. He looked at me with surprise in his eyes as he moved a little closer.

"Maybe, forgetting could be a good thing", he said as he closed the last distance between us. I didn't want to admit it, but I felt at home in his arms. I acted on instinct and I could feel myself responding to his kiss. 

"Forgetting could be a really good thing", I said as we stoped, only to catch ourr breath.

Skye's POV

Bonnie and Jeremy had returned. And so had Elena and Stefan. Everything was set up. Five minutes later Caroline walked in. To everyones surprise, Klaus was at her side.

"Don't judge!", she told us she saw our faces. I just gave her a satisfied smirk.

"Told you so!", I sang from one of the couches where I was reading a book. Before she could throw me a look I hid again behind the pages. The only one not back was Damon and I was feeling a little bit worried. Even if Silas wasn't a threat, something that was may have come to town. It didn't take long before my worrying could ease. Damon walked through the door while dragging Silas after him. It looked quite funny. Silas had no powers and he was trying to fight against it.

"Okay, so you guys ready to start this thing, or what", Damon said with a content smirk on his face.