Chapter 9 - Lost Her Again

Damon's POV

As I walked inside the parlor I saw something that made my blood freeze. Stefan was holding Skye in his arms and she was unconcious. Stefan's head quickly whipped up when he heard my foot steps come closer.

"What happened to her?", I asked worriedly. Stefan just gave me a smirk which made me stop what I was doing. Stefan never smirked. He got up and put Skye on the couch.

"It isn't that bad. Skye just wouldn't listen when I told her that she needed to come with me. The only solution was to make it impossible for her to be able to resist. It was just a small bump to the head, nothing mayor", he said and my eyes narrowed. In a blink of an eye I had him against the wall with my arm putting pressure against his throat. This only made him smirk wider and before I knew he had thrown me of him and I flew into the wall.

"You should really be careful with who you pick your fights with Damon, one day your foolishness will get you killed. Again", he said and that's when it clicked. It wasn't Stefan. I had left him with Elena and he couldn't have possibly made it home before me. It was Silas. I got of from the floor and ran for Skye. Before I could reach her Silas had tackled me. He pulled up a piece of wood and plunged it through my chest. I could feel it only inches from my heart, breaking through my ribcage. He got of me and took Skye in his arms.

"Don't you dare touch her. Put her down right now!", I screamed at him. I pulled out the wood and gasped in pain. As fast as I could I got to my feet only to be back on the floor when Silas kicked my knees and I heard a bone snapping.

"Be happy that I chose to miss your heart. Next time I wont, that's a promise". I couldn't care less about his threat. He couldn't take Skye, I couldn't lose her again.

"Don't even try to touch her. If you even touch a single hair on her head I will rip all of your organs out of you". I was furious and as Silas was walking to the door I lunged at him from behind. He was faster and grabbed my neck in one of his hands which caused him to drop Skye on the side of her head.

"I don't have time for this right now". With those words he flicked his wrist and the last thing I heard was a loud snap and then everything got black.

I awoke by the sound of someone calling my name. When I opened my eyes I could see both Elena and Stefan standing by the couch that I was currently laying on. They must have moved me from the floor.

"What happened Damon?", asked a worried Elena. That reminded me of what had happened before Silas had snapped my neck. I flew up from the couch in an instant and headed for the door.

"Hey, where are you going?", asked Elena again. I didn't even turn around to face her when I answered her.

"I have to save Skye". My voice was frantic and pulled a hand through my hair. I had stopped when I realized that I had no idea where I was going.

"Save her from what?", Stefan wondered. I turned around and showed him the pain on my face.

"He took her", was all I could say.

"Who?"

"Silas". I was panicking inside. I had just gotten her back, it had barley been two weeks and she was already gone. How could I have been so pathetic? I hadn't stood a chance against him. I felt so ashamed that I hadn't been able to protect her.

"He took her? Why?", asked Stefan. Elena looked devestated, just as I felt.

"I don't know Stefan and right now it doesn't matter! The only thing that matters is that we find her and that we take her away from Silas", I said frustrated. Without thinking I grabbed one of the glass bottles on one of the tabbles and threw it against the wall.

"Take it easy Damon. We have to think if we want to get her back. We can't just act on instinct", Elena said in a stained voice.

"I can't! I don't think rationally, I never do! It's my fault that she got taken. If I had just been strong enough to save her she wouldn't be gone! I would still have her". I was mad, but not at them. I was mad at myself, and at Silas. 

"You have to! If you don't you may never see her again! Damon you're not the only one who cares about her, she's my sister!", Elena screamed and walked up to me. She looked at me with a stone hard glare.

"It is not only about you Damon, there are other people to, especially Skye. If you don't listen to us there won't be only your heart broken. Do you understand?", she said. I only nodded in response because I couldn't say anything. Rage and sorrow mixed inside of me and I didn't know what to do with myself.

"Good. Now we need to call Bonnie and ask her to track Skye. If we're lucky Silas wont have had the time to block her". Stefan imediatley took out his phone and walked out of the room. Silence filled the room and neither Elena nor I han any intentions of breaking it. It took a couple of minutes before Stefan came back into the room.

"She's on her way. We need to get a map ready", Stefan said and I got up to go search for one. I couldn't bare to be around anyone and even if it was only a few minutes alone it was what I needed. I went up to my room, that had been Skye's room to since she had come back, and went through some drawers. I saw one of Skye's bags in one of them and I quickly realised something, it was the bag that she had the cure in. I grabbed the bag and after I had found a map I hurried down the stairs. Bonnie had alresdy arrived when I walked inside the parlor and little Gilbert was also there.

"I have the map", I said and handed it to Bonnie. She took it from my hands and spread it over a table. I turned to Stefan and Elena and told them that we needed to talk. We went outside the frontdoor and I took out the bag.

"Why are you having a womans purse?", asked Elena confused. I smirked a little.

"Don't you like it, I heard that it was so in this summer", I said which she just rolled her eyes at. I opened the bag and luckily the cure was still there. I took it out and held uít up for them to see.

"We have a way of killing Silas. I had almost forgotten that she had it when I remebered her putting it in the bag again and it lay in our room. If he takes the cure we can kill him", I said and both their expressions turned into realisation and hope.

"When we find Skye we will also find him. We just have to get him to take it", said Elena. The front door suddenly opened and Bonnie was standing in the door way.

"I know where she is".