Chapter 11 - Awakening

Skye's POV

"So are we going to do something?", I asked after a minute of silence. Neither Damon nor Silas had moved on the road. Once again I was met with silence. I sighed irritated and went to open the door. Before my hand could touch the doorhandle Stefan cught my wrist. He didn't say anything but he was staring at me. I stared back stubbornly.

"If you guys aren't going to do anything then I am", I said to them and this time Damon turned around and looked at me with disbelief. "Oh my God, just drive over him and keep going. Do something! We can't just sit here and do nothing". To my surprise Damon actually did as I asked and he put the car into drive. He stomped on the gas and the car shot forward like a bullet. Silas didn't move but Damon kept going toward him. We were just a few inches away from Silas and then a hard thump sounded against the car and Silas flew over the roof.

"If I see a single scratch on the car when we get home I will blame everything on you, Skye", said Damon as he steered us down the road. 

"I'll happily take the blame for every single scratch on this car if we get away from him", I said and turned around in my seat. I looked out trough the back window and my eyes widened in horror. Instead of seeing a body on the road I saw a body moving toward us, fast. 

"Damon you have to drive faster!", I yelled in panick. I could see Silas moving closer to us. I turned around quickly and looked at the others. "Damon we have to go faster!", I yelled at him. He looked through the rear view mirror and saw the reason of my worry.

"Shit! I'm driving as fast as I can", he said as he consentrated on the road ahead of us. 

"It's not fast enough, he's getting closer". Just as the last word left my mouth something crashed into the car from behind. The car started to spin and because of me not wearing a seat belt I spinned with it. I could feel glass splinter cutting my whole body and one small piece of glass went down my throat. I couldn't breath or do anything whilst the car still rolled around. When we came to a stop I felt like I was going to puke and that my throat was being cut from the inside at the same time. I coughed and I didn't stop until I could feel something falling out of my mouth and my airways were clear. I sucked in a deep breath that hurt. I could feel blood coming from my mouth and I could also feel a baninging against my head. I had no idea how I could still be conscious. The only thing I could hear was a loud ringing that was slowly making me insane. Breathing became more difficult with each breath I took. I closed my eyes as I saw a light around me and everything around me disappeared. The ringing stoped, the ache from my body became dull and the pain coming from my throat became nonexisistent. Everything just stoped. 

Silas's POV

I slowly walked up to the car. It was flipped over and at some places I could see blood and oil mixing. I didn't care about the three vampires in the car, only about my Amara. She wasn't my Amara yet though and that was why it was important that she was not dead. When I got to the car I could smell her blood but it didn't mean anything, after a crash like that she had to be injured. I beant down at the smashed back seat window and looked inside. There she laid, bloody and bruised. I pulled of the door and carefully dragged her out of the car. I could not see her cheast rising which got me to lean down beside her. She wasn't breathing and when I put two fingers against her neck I couldn't feel even the faintest thump. I didn't give up as I tried to feel her pulse at her wrist but I got no result. 

"You are not dead, you can't die!", I said and pulled at my hair. I looked around as if a soultion would suddenly turn up. I bit down on one of my wrists and tried to get her to swallow some of my blood. Nothing happened. She didn't respond. Panick rose inside me and I got to my feet. 

She had to live. She had to live. She had to live. She had to live!

She was going to bring my Amara back, she couldn't be dead. A sudden rage went through me like fire. It burned in my veins and through my heart, erasing all trases of any other emotion. I ran straight into a tree and it broke in half, falling down to the side. It reminded me of how I had ran into the car and how it had went flying. The reminder that I had lost my only love forever, because of me made me fall to my knees. I could only feel emtiness. I had destroyed my own happiness. Maybe they had been right, maybe they all had been right. Maybe I was an abomination. Maybe everything I touched became cursed just as I was cursed. I was destructive and evil and I was hatefull. Maybe I didn't deserve love and my punish had been that I had destroyed my own happiness. 

I got back up on my feet and started to make my way between the trees. I walked further and further into the forest to mourn my love.

No one's POV

Smoke was filling up the site of the crash. The three vampires, Damon, Elena and Stefan were half consious half not. They had small amounts of energy which they used to try to get themselves out of the car. Damon had gotten the furtherst and with one last push he was completly out. They were all going to be fine. Vampires survived car accidents. Witches did not. Skye was lying close to the middle of the road. Her clothes were torn and had stains of blood all over them. The little blood that had been Silas was covered in new, fresh blood. It was her own blood. Her chin had blood all over it after all the blood she had coughed up. Skyes whole body were covered in blood stains. She was not breathing, her heart was not pumping blood. Nothing was moving. Damon who had gotten out of the car looked up and saw this. He saw the love of his life in the middle of the road, dead. Even in his weakened state he got up on his feet and stumbled over to her still body. At the same time he got there he fell toward his knees, unable to hold himself up. Tears were streaming down his cheeks but he was unable to get any words out. Both his hands grabbed one of hers. After all that time, she was gone. He had under such a long time forgotten about her. She had under less time had no memory of him. The little time they were given when they had found each other had been hectic and they had not had much time to themselves. The time they thought they had, had run short.

He stayed the same as the hours passed. The darkness howering over them. He could here his brother and Elena finally being able to get out of the car. He looked down at their hands. There was no silence around them. The car gave noises as did th two vampires still by it. The wind was blowing around the trees, creating sounds as the leaves touched each other. But he still heard it. The gasp. He looked at her face. She had woken up.