Chapter 12 - Realisation

Skye's POV

Against all odds my eyes fluttered open. My eyes fixed on the sky above me. My vision was a little flecked by smoke that traveled above me. I felt quite numb all over my body. The sky was colored black and I could barely see any stars above me. I felt a smell that smelled sweet but I also smelled smoke around me. It was all very intoxicating and it made my head hurt just like when a perfume smelled to strong. I couldn't focus on anyhting. I tried to remember where I was but my mind wasn't working with me. I could only remember blood and a few pictures that were too messy to make any sence.

"Skye?", I heard a baffled voice say. It sounded as loud as a gunshot and I winced. My head slowly moved so that I could focus my eyes elsewhere. I slowly looked to the right and saw three people standing there, I knew them. One of them was a girl who had brown long hair with a red streak in it. Another had light brown hair that was styled and was a guy. The last one had dark black and beautiful piercing blue eyes, also a guy. The thing that made them look different then I remembered them was the blood and dirt that covered them.

"Skye?", said the blue eyed guy, it was the same voice as before but this time it sounded urgent.

"Damon?", I coughed out with a broken voice. All three of them looked relieved when I answered them. I tried to get up and Damon quickly helped me. His arms went around me and he held me up. I caught a look of myself and saw that I was in the same shape as my friends.

"What happened? Where are we?", I asked with a frown on my face. I still couldn't why I was in the middle of the road. I saw the crashed car behind Stefan and Elena and knew in an instant that I had been in the car. I barely recognized the car but after a moment it hit me, it was Damon's Camaro. A gasp escaped my lips and Elena turned to where my eyes were locked.

"Damon, your car!", I exclaimed in horror. My priorities were a bit mixed up but I had really loved the car and it was something I had started to link the car and Damon together. A small laugh escaped Damon's lips.

"Is that all you can think of right now?", he asked and shook his head. I rolled my eyes and tried to get to my feet. My body wasn't responding the way I wanted it to.

"I can't really think of anything else to say. I mean everything will probably come back to me, I'm just a little dazed", I said and tried once again to stand. 

"You're not going anywhere, let me help you", Damon said and put his arms under my knees and behind my back. 

"I don't want to be carried, I can walk just let help me stand". Damon completly ignored what I had said and started to walk down the road.

"Do you even know where you're going?", asked Stefan behind me. I leaned my head against Damon's chest and closed my eyes though I couldn't sleep. Something was nagging me.

"Damon I'm hungry", I said with my eyes still closed. He had answered Stefan but I hadn't bothered to listen.

"We aren't that long away from home. We can order some pizza then."

"No, I'm hungry now", I said stubbornly. The feeling inside me grew. I was feeling a huger mixed with a thirst. It was bothering me more ad more by the minute.

"Sorry but I'm not a fast food place. I can't just make food apear", Damon said but it didn't register in my mind. All I knew was that I was hungry. And the same smell from earlier seemed to follow us. I could smell it all around me, it smelled like honey but with something else. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was, I only knew that it made me hungrier. 

"Damon, I need to eat something. i'm hungry", I said with dessperations. I opened my eyes and looked at Damon with painfilled eyes. Damon didn't say anyhting and he didn't even look at me. He looked forward with a thoughtfull expression. I studied his face and somehow I could feel my eyes go lower. Then we stoped all of a sudden. My eyes returned to his face and saw that his gaze had turned to me. He looked scared and pale. I was confused and looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Damon, what's wrong?", I asked rapidly. He laid me down slowly on the ground without taking his eyes of me. "Damon, what's wrong?". After another moment of silence he finally answered me.

"Skye, do you remember anything from after the car crashed?", he asked carefully. My frown deepened when I tried to focus on my memory. It only came back in small flashes and I couldn't make any of it out. But the more I focused on it, it all started to make sence. I sat there for a long while and remembered. I could hear Elena and Stefans voices in the backround but they were muffled and I didn't hear what they said. A loud and agonized gasp escaped me as every moment came back. 

"I died! I'm supposed to be dead!", I cried out. My hands moved up to my head and I frantically at my hair. "I died, I felt it! I was dying and then I closed my eyes. How can I be alive?". I was talking to myself more then anyone else. My mind went wild as I tried to come up with a reason. I had no idea how I had managed to survive. I looked up with big emotional eyes at the tree vampires staring down at me. That was when it hit me. I swallowed and my breath became hollow. The car crash hadn't been the only time under twentyfour hours that I had almost died. That time Silas had healed me and probably by giving me his blood. Then I had run away and Silas had made our car spin out of control and I had actually died. I was dead, killed in the crash. 

"I'm dead", I whispered. Stefan and Elena looked at me confused but Damon looked as he knew what I had just figured out. I huffed and laughed humorlessly. "Of course this would happen to me."

"What would happen? Skye tell me what you're talking about", Elena said while looking worriedly at me. 

"I'm a vampire Elena". Stefan and Elena both looked shocked while Damon just looked like he got confirmation that what he had believed was true. 

"Technically you're transitioning into a vampire."