Chapter 48

A Month Ago

"Tell your boss you won't be able to go to work for a couple of days again. And also keep this in mind Noona."He trails off, slowly brushing his nose against her cheek, arms sliding around her waist.

"I'll be much harsher then I was back at the hospital."

-

Mira wakes up completely exhausted, and the shrilling sound of her alarm was annoying her to the core. She buries her face beneath her pillow trying to tune out or at least muffle the sounds away.

Jihyun was a monster last night.

A complete bully to say the least. She now realize that, that boy doesn't have a heart. A complete merciless creature that was sent from the blackness of hell to come and torture her.

How does one continually tickle a person all night long!

Her mind drifts off to how his delicate fingers fought their way on both sides of her waist, wiggling them in such a manner that would bound to make her erupt. Her laughter fills the room and no doubt, his ears. Yet, they were pleasing.

Whenever she's able to grasp enough air, she'd plead him to stop, but he'd still go on.

Even with her eyes squint tight due to the action, her arms constantly flaying everywhere. She can imagine the satisfied smirk plastering Jihyun's lips.

He was enjoying this too much. And he wasn't even kidding when he said he'd be harsher then he was at the hospital.

This was pure torture, and knowing Mira. When she's exhausted the night before, she won't leave bed even if she's informed that one of her family member's just encountered an accident.

And Jihyun knew that. Jihyun knew her.

Present

You narrow your eyes as you flip through some papers, the stare coming from across the room not going unnoticed and to say you weren't annoyed, would be an understatement.

Jihyun's strolling somewhere around the hospital looking for who-knows-what, while Jungkook here continues to look at you like your some kind of exquisite treat or something.

The boys didn't have school today, so they decided to visit you at your workplace, not that you're complaining or anything. You were actually thrilled to say the least knowing you'd have someone to keep you company all day.
Were.

You didn't expect Jungkook to just stare at you.He hasn't tore his gaze away from you ever since and you can't concentrate with the papers right now.

At least use your phone.

As if he suddenly possessed the power of mind-reading, the latter breaks the stare and fishes his phone out.

It took you about 10 seconds to process what had just happened before you hesitantly return back to the papers.

Silence engulfs the room, the constants click coming from Jungkook's phone when tapping, being the only thing surrounding the place. But you didn't mind it.

The annoying taps emitting from the device's better than having his eyes swallowing your whole being.

"Noona?"

He breaks the comfortable silence and you hum, signaling him to go on as you continue to scheme through your papers.

The said boy's hesitant for a second, and you wait patiently for what he had to say.

"What....what are we?" He asks, voice wavering a bit.

"What do you mean?" You reply simply, averting your gaze away from the papers to look at him.

Jungkook had his eyes glued to his screen, back pressed comfortably against the cushion of your couch.

Despite having his eyes hovering over his phone, you're able to tell that his mind was somewhere else. He didn't look focused at whatever his screen was displaying, his doe eyes squinting almost looking like he was in a state of trance as he tucks his bottom lip in between his white pearls.

He sighs, allowing his hands to drop to his side before propping himself to sit properly. His eyes soon meets yours, and you question him silently.

Confusion was swirling his dark hues, and you can't help but suddenly feel impatient with whatever he wanted to say.

"What is it kook?"

"What are we Noona?" He asks again, this time with a firm tone. His gaze narrows as he sends you an intense serious look, and you find yourself arching yourself your brows at the latter. "We've kissed more than once, and you also dropped out from hyung's request." He adds, and you feel your cheeks tinting a shade of pink. Where on earth was he going with this?

"Do you like me?"

And you freeze.

Jungkook asked you if you liked him.

You knew he liked you in that way, but do you feel the same way about him too?

You had a perfectly logical explanation unto why you rejected Jimin's offer, despite it being so sudden. You've came to a conclusion that you did it for the sake of yourself and not for anyone else. You turned down his offer because he was still a stranger to you, and not because you were afraid to hurt Jungkook's feelings.

As for the kiss? You never thought that such topic needed to be talked about, since you knew it would never happen again, even if it suddenly kept happening.

You sigh as you slip your glasses off, allowing it to rest on the surface of your desk before locking gazes with his expectant eyes. You slightly curve the sides of your lips, sending him a soft smile.

"Of course I like you Kook, b-"

"Then let's date." He cuts you off, his eyes suddenly shimmering with excitement and you can't help but find his expression so cute.

You chuckle softly, before walking up to him, allowing your weight to drop on the space beside him and he turns to fully face you.

"Listen kook." You start off, bringing his hands to rest in between your own before looking up to him. "I like you too, but not in that way. Listen, you're still young and I bet you'll be able find someone much better. Especially someone who's younger than you." You chuckle at your comment, oblivious of the stern look Jungkook was now shooting you.

You pat his knee two time before standing up, shoving both your hands inside your coat pockets.

"Come on. Let's go find Jihyun first then hit the pizza place across the road." You chime before making your way up to your desk to sling in your bag.

Jungkook clenches his jaw, irritated with your respond.

"But I only want you Y/n."

-

288k💙
Thank you.
-LK💙