44 : The Guardian

Just a little head's up! What you are about to read depicts the events that transpired After Kleya, Miller, and Ruth were separated from the rest of the group :) 

TASHA'S POV

TASHA'S POV

        My heart sank the moment I realized that Ruth, Miller, Kleya have been separated from us when a wall of glass suddenly fell from the ceiling and down to the floor. 

        "Kleya!" I found myself screaming while banging on the glass. Aaron and I screamed over and over again while banging on the glass wall, trying to get to her, but to no avail.

        "Tasha!" Wolfgang grabbed a hold of me. "It's okay! They're okay! They're not trapped." Wolfgang's words were assuring but it wasn't enough to stop my tears from falling.

       "Shawn! Shawn we have to keep going separately!" I heard Miller screamed from the other side. His voice was muffled by the glass but I heard him clearly. I saw how he held on to Kleya and something about it gave me hope. Somehow it reminded of a little boy in the past, the little boy who always held on to the little girl I left behind. 

       "Miller!" I screamed and banged at the glass wall, earning their attention. "Miller, take care of her!" I screamed again in between my cries. 

       I watched as Miller ran away while grabbing both Ruth and Kleya's hands. Kleya looked back at me as they ran and I felt my heart sank for reasons I don't know. 

        Kleya and I never see eye to eye. She abhores me, while I disliked her because she reminded me so much of my old reckless self. I wanted her to stop her selfish ways because I don't want her to suffer the same heartache i've been nursing for years, but now I regret it. Kleya would've been safe since she got away. She never should've went back for us. She could die...I don't want her to die.

      "Tasha tara na!" I heard Wolfgang scream but I couldn't bring myself to move or to keep my eyes off her. I want to see her get away safely. 

      "Tasha!" I heard Shawn scream and that's when I felt them, grabbing me to run.

***

       Habang tumatakbo kami, bigla naming nadaanan ang isang frame sa dingding ngunit kakaiba ito.

       "Teka sandali!"

        Huminto ako sa pagtakbo dahilan para mahinto rin sila. Bumitiw ako mula kay Wolfgang at agad na tumakbo pabalik sa dinadaanan namin dahil sa bagay na nakasabit sa dingding. 

        "Tasha bakit?!" Bulalas ni Aaron. Nakapako sila sa kinatatayuan habang nakatingin sa akin na ilang dangkal lamang ang layo mula sa kanila.