Epilogue 1 of 2

Tasha

Tasha

        I could hear the sirens blaring. Shades of blue and red lights are peeking through the door.

        My heart is at it's heaviest as I follow the paramedics who are trying to keep her alive. One of them is pushing the stretcher where Kleya lies bleeding and clinging to life. The other is keeping her heart from losing it's beat. She's lost a lot of blood and she already lost consciousness.

        "I can't lose her! Please save her!" I kept pleading to them over and over again as I follow.

        Not a moment to soon, we finally got out of Cosima's enormous doors. I was immediately greeted by the sight of numerous swat vehicles and ambulance. We're all saved and surrounded by those who has the power to help, but that's not enough to get rid of the fear in my heart.

         Kleya is still fighting for her life.

         "Ma'am hanggang dito lang ho kayo." One of the paramedic says as he closes the door of the ambulance. I wanted to defy their orders. I wanted to get in and hold Kleya's hand. But before I could say anything, they drove away left.

         I covered my mouth and sobbed repeatedly. I turned around and saw Wolfgang and Shawn being wheeled out in stretchers and treated for their gunshots. Just like Kleya, they were  immediately rushed to the nearest hospital.

          My knees weakened as soon as I saw body bags being carried out of Cosima. There were too many casualties. 

         "Python, asan ang mga anak ko?! Ayos lang ba siya?!" 

          Napalingon ako nang marinig ang boses ng isang babaeng tila ba kararating lang.

         They stood there not too far from me. She was crying right in front of Python. She's still wearing her dress and veil. My memories of her is still vague but I already know who she is. My mind may be a mess but what Kleya told me earlier is enough for me to figure out the pieces of our puzzled lives.

         "With my brother no longer a threat, I believe it's time for you to know who Alison is... And this is the time for you to be a family again..." Python said as he turned to look at me.

          Following Python, she looked at my direction and froze. She looked at me with so much longing and sadness as she gasped. "Alison?"

         That was her. She was the nun who raised Alison and I.The nun who loved us like we're her real children. The nun who took care of us ever since we could remember.  She's our real mother all along.

       I found myself walking fast towards her but before I could even say anything, she pulls me into a hug. The kind of hug that brought me sobbing like a little kid. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" That was all I could utter. I'm sorry for leaving Kleya when we were kids. I'm sorry for letting Kleya sacrifice her life just to save me.