Start of summer.

CHAPTER 1: THE BEGINNING

...Like every ordinary day, i fail to impress. To succeed. To end my day happy, especially without you by my side. I had trouble coping with different people around me. I never felt truly happy and while being sincere about the words that have come out of my mouth, i try to say what i mean, i try to feel the tears that run down my face. But sad to say, every ounce of happiness that has been poured into my life is withdrawn back. But when you came, i've experienced true happiness. I've stopped the cutting for you. The smoking and drinking habits and all the nonsense i've done before that. I do my studies well for you. I do. I promised you that by the end of summer of 2012 i will change, just for you. I'll do no matter what it takes to be a better person. A better guy. A better friend and a better boyfriend to you. I had no inspiration.. I had no reason to smile. I never listened to anyone. I didn't cut my hair if you hadn't said anything about it and when everybody started to notice about us, that's when you told me the looks and behavior matter now. You wanted to break up with me when i told you i loved you. I told you i loved you with tears. With a smile. Even whispered it slowly to your ear. No matter what happens, i will always keep our promise that we made on that December night. It's forever and always :) i love you.

I could've broke down at that spot. Could've hugged him. Could've threw the paper away , probably tear it up or something more bizarre like that. But i didn't. i just stood there looking at him like it was nothing. Like i read nothing. What had taken me aback? What had stopped me from the affection i was supposed to give him? What was it exactly?

March 1st. Our first breath of Summer.

The bell rang. Everyone started waving, hugging and kissing each other goodbye. I was just staring at all these people. Across me was Jessica Satcher, her olive-green eyes were gleaming at me like we've just made friends. She approaches me, and with open arms, she hugs me like a falcon about to catch her prey. ''You know Sarah, even though we fought and i became head cheerleader , which means i'm way better than you, doesn't mean we have to each other Hun.'' I just smirked at the thought of her and me being friends again after fighting over Cody Summers, the shy boy who's got these indigo eyes and light-brown hair. Oh my. Just remembering him makes me melt and weakens my knees to Jell-O. Anyways, back to the story. As Jessica lets go, she looks at me from top to bottom and sighs. ''You know, if you didn't steal Cody from me, you wouldn't be hanging out with your boys and be so invisible. But i guess you just had to get him away from me, didn't you?'' she says walking out of the classroom. I walk to my locker when i suddenly spot the shades of red and blue coming towards me. It's Eric and Tyler Hanks, the only fraternal twins in school. We were practically friends since we were in diapers. They stop and stand in front me. ''Sarah, what did that queen bee tell you now?'' Eric says scratching his head. ''I still don't know how you guys became friends. Were you even friends at all?.'' says Tyler putting his hands on his pockets. I look at both of them and smirk. ''I don't wanna talk about it and besides, it's history. Come on, let's get outta here. We still have soccer practice.'' I say grabbing my blue duffel bag and slam my locker.

As we head for the red pick-up truck that Tyler drives, Alex James'' accidentally'' bumps into Tyler. ''Hey man, watch where-''

Suddenly, Alex tackles Tyler to the ground and they start what seems to be wrestling. ''Are you guys gonna do this all day? I can't wait to sink these babies on the mud.'' says Eric holding up his studs. ''Check it.'' he says pointing at his silver, black studs with hints of neon blue. Then all of a sudden, Tyler and Alex stop ''wrestling'' and look at his studs. ''Man. Where'd you get that?'' says Alex. ''Uhh, Tyler's credit card.'' he says slowing backing away. ''Oh you better run. Run as fast as you can.'' says Tyler jump starting on chasing Eric. ''Already did!'' says Eric from across the parking lot. ''Oh well, twins are twins.'' i say turning around to Alex. ''Yeah.'' he says looking down, putting his hands in his pockets and rocking back and forth on the balls on his feet. Then he looks up with his Nutella brown eyes and gives me a cheeky smile. ''Hey, you doing anything tomorrow?'' he says gushing. ''Uhh, nope. Just hanging out with the twins and Trevor tomorrow at the mall. You wanna come with?'' i say tying my brown hair. ''Cool. I'll just text you and could i bring my friend?' he says. ''Oh sure.'' i say politely. The twins suddenly stand by my side, panting and trying to catch their breath. ''He never caught me and i beat him to this spot! Ever since we were in our mum's stomach, i came out first!'' proclaims Eric. '''But the ladies prefer me.'' says Tyler brushing his hair with his fingers. ''Oh shut up! We're gonna be late!'' i say getting in the truck. ''Yes mom.'' says the twins while jumping into car.

As we head for the field, I get a text message from Trevor saying ''Hey Sanderson, where are you? Coach is looking for you and we're losing here. Hurry, it's already half-time.'' I sense the worry in his text so i try to reply as fast as i can. ''Look behind you.''

In no time, Trevor spots me and frantically waves and points at the score board. Holy shit. The score is 5-1. I rush to the changing room, change as fast as i could and ran straight to the field.

After an hour, we're ahead by 6 points when the whistle suddenly blows. Yes! We've won! I run to hug any team mate and make sure i give him or her the tightest hug i could give. As i hug my team mate, i realize the jersey isn't red and blue. Instead, i was hugging white and blue. It was the opponent. He was a really tall guy, skinny to be exact. He had shaggy brown hair and brown eyes. They seemed to be gleaming at me. I couldn't stop staring too. Those eyes, they brought me into another world. I think this guy's pretty cute. Or handsome.

Wait. What?!

Tyler taps my shoulder before i could say anything to this mystery guy.