24. | Luke

I think I finally broke through Andrew's power. I began to see out of my own eyes again before it darkened again but I pushed through. I have to do this, I have to at least explain my half and not let Andrew twist up the story.

I gained control over my body actions as I knew Andrew noticed that I was trying to break through his control. Once I knew I could get out I fought extra hard and got into the power of my own body. I looked around to see that I was in the basement and I could work my own limbs again.

I'll be back Luke and if she isn't dead by them I'm killing her myself and I won't need your help

That doesn't sound good at all.

I looked down at my body to see that all the tattoos I had were disappearing. What was going on? No, no this can't be happening. Am I fully dying now? Am I leaving this cruel world finally?

I looked at my attire to see I was in my pajamas from that night. Oh god, I can't be going back. I fully regret the decisions I made. I don't want to go back. I just want to get this over with.

I flinched, feeling the tightness around my neck as I looked over at Callie. She looked scared out of her mind and down right confused. I don't totally blame her, I mean I just transformed from looking 21 back to my 16 year old self.

"I-I guess I have to finish the story," I stammered.

"What the hell is going on? I-I'm so confused. First it was like you were like possessed by your father and he said that you killed him! He also said it was in like the spring time of fucking 1953! What the hell does that mean? Are you like some fucking vampire or some shit," she rambled, firing question after question.

I placed my hand over her mouth and she stiffened, shutting up.

"I'll explain okay, but you'll have to calm down for me please," I pleaded. She nodded reluctantly and I cautiously took my hand off her mouth.

"Why do you have a giant bruise along your neck? Your lips look pale and your eyes look dull?," she fired and I groaned, covering her mouth again.

"I can't finish the story with you blabbing out so many questions," I snapped and she rolled her eyes, licking my hand. Yuck, can she seriously be so immature in this stressful of a situation.

"Now will you shut the heck up and let me continue. Also don't swear, it's not lady like," I scolded. My mother never swore, at least what I knew of.

"Oh so now you decide to be a gentleman," she sasses, snorting.

"Wait, I have one more question and I'll shut up," she persuaded and I looked at her expectantly.

"Did you only say you loved me because I reminded you of Haley?"

I pursed my lips at the question because the answer is yes but I didn't want to tell her that. She'll feel used and I'll end up feeling bad about that. But I was told to always be truthful as a child.

"Yes I did," A look of hurt quickly flash by her face but it was changed to a blank expression. "Since you reminded me so much Haley I wanted to try and live a normal life as much as I could. I was suppose to live the rest of my life with Haley but it was taken away by my good-for-nothing father," I grew angry.

Always at the mention of my father, I grew angry.

"Now can I finish the freaking story and we can be done?," I retorted and she nodded, looking down. Frick, now I feel horrible.

[ FLASHBACK - THIRD PERSON ]

A few days after Andrew returned home suspiciously that night, Luke has been worried for Haley. He went to her house, asking if she came home and her mother said no. Luke grew even more worried and fear for Haley's disappearance.

After about a week, the police found her body after a group of hunters walked by the cabin and noticed the horrible stench around it. They went in and found her body at the bottom of the basement.

Luke just knew this was his fathers doing. After having to be removed roughly from the cabin, he sat in the police car, a sobbing mess.

He pressed his face to the glass as he watched them remove her body from the cabin in a body bag. He cried harder, putting his head in his hands as he hiccuped and gasped for breaths. He couldn't believe his father would do this, he just knew it was his father on how much he despised her.

After the scene was cleared out, the officer got in the driver's seat and drove to the police station, not even glancing at Luke. He tugged him out of car and brought into the police station.

Luke grew confused when they sat him in an interrogation room. After about 20 minutes, a detective came in, holding an almost empty file.

"Where were you the night of murder?," was the first question that came out of the officer's mouth. Luke sat there appalled, he couldn't believe they thought he killed his girlfriend.

"Y-You really think I killed her? I loved her, I would've never harmed her at all," he screamed, the tears still pouring out of his eyes. "I've been worried freaking sick, wondering where she was!"

"Mr. Hemmings calm down. We're just trying to peace things together," the detective tried to calm Luke down. Luke reluctantly took a deep breath, nodding as he calmed himself down.

He sniffled, rubbing a hand under his nose before speaking, "I was at home with my mother. That night we had dinner with Haley b-because my father wanted to get to know her. I knew it was a lie, my father hated her. B-But after the dinner, she tried to leave alone but my father kept on pestering her about him walking her home," Luke began to explain what he knew as the detective got out his notepad and wrote down all he could get.

"When h-he uh came back he was drenched in water and said h-he was jumped and thrown into a puddle. But after my mother fell asleep, he thought I was asleep, he went into the family room. H-he burned the clothing he had on," Luke hiccuped out all he could remember.

The officer nodded, continuing to write the information down. "I know he did it. He had to, he was the last one with her!," Luke grew angry. He clenched his fist and banged them against the table, crying out in frustration.

"He killed the love of my fricking life!"

[ FLASHBACK - END ]

"That night, I became disgusted with just the thought of my father," I spat. "I hated him so much and I never wanted to even be considered his son."

Callie stared at me with sympathetic eyes, until they turned to fearful when I spoke.

"Don't give me any sympathy, you haven't heard what I did after the interrogation."

✞✞

vote and comment!