14. | Luke

A/N: In this chapter, there's going to be a flashback and it's going to be written in bold and italics. I'll also be telling you when the flashback starts though if you are still confused.

I flicked away the cigarette bud, glaring down at her as I stood up. She was crying pretty hard, cradling her arm. I took one last glance at her before making my way upstairs, slamming the basement door shut.

Doesn't it feel nice to torture her?

No, no it didn't because I don't remember anything. I walked into the kitchen, grabbing a beer taking off the cap. I flopped down on the couch, jugging it down, the flavor, not helping at all. I moved towards my alcohol cabinet, taking out a shot glass with a bottle of vodka.

Oh but it felt amazing, hearing her ear piercing scream as you dug the cigarette into her skin.

'I didn't do anything,' I thought. He just really needs to stop annoying me and leave me alone. This wasn't suppose to be happening. I was suppose to be happy with her. And he came and ruined it all.

It all began because of him.

He turned me into who I am today.

I sat at the kitchen table, filling the shot glass.

"This is for you baby," I murmured, tossing my head back, taking the shot. The vodka burned my throat, leaving a stinging sensation for a second.

I filled the tiny glass up again, downing it.

I soon lost count at about 5, or 7. I don't remember.

**Flashback Starts Here**

"Luke!," she giggled, running into my open arms. I wrapped my arms tight around her waist, lifting her up as I spun her around. Her beautiful laugh following.

I nuzzled my head into her neck, smelling her strawberry scented hair.

"Baby," I whispered, squeezing her extra tight, before setting her down.

"I missed you so much," she squealed, moving back just so I could see her face. Her red hair flowing from the light wind, her light sundress clinging perfectly to her body.

"I missed you too Haley. When do you have to go back to your dad's?," I asked, keeping my palms on the small of her back. Her hands were placed flat on my chest, looking up at me sadly.

"Tomorrow afternoon," she mumbled sadly. I moved my hands to her hips, squeezing them lightly.

"Then we'll just make the best of our time together."

**Flashback Ends**

I took another shot, the stinging sensation no longer there. I looked around to see I'm now seated in the corner of the kitchen, the half drunken bottle of vodka placed next to me and the shot glass held tightly in my hand.

How did I get here?

I just took another shot, leaning my head back against the wall shutting my eyes.

**ANOTHER FLASHBACK OH**

I quickly ran past the police car into the house, pushing past multiple officers telling me to stay back. I couldn't stay back. This can't be true.

Please don't let it be true.

I ran down the basement steps to have my whole world go crashing down. There lie Haley, her usually bright Hazel eyes looking lifeless.

"No, no, no!," I screamed, running towards her lifeless body, kneeling beside it as I brought her bloody head into my lap. I pushed her hair out of her face, seeing the giant gash on her head. I sobbed harder, lightly closing her eyes.

I screamed when the police officer grabbed me roughly by my shoulder, heaving me up and pulling me away from her body.

"No! Haley, no!," I yelled, thrashing around in their arms. They placed me in the back of a police car, having one office stand by the car keeping watch over me

My face was against the window as I watched them carry her body out, placed in the black body bag and into an ambulance.

"I'll always love you," I whispered, squeezing my eyes shut.

**FLASHBACK ENDS SIGH**

But the thing is, I don't love her anymore. I don't even think about her anymore, just now was when I finally thought of her in a while.

The only time she comes back to mind really is when He comes. It's like they're together, trying to haunt me and make my life suck.

I mean I'm known as a murder now. I've killed women, not just one but multiple people. I'm wanted around this whole state for Christ's sake.

I have to hide out in this god awful cabin. The cabin that haunts me with memories.

I stumbled, standing up as I wipe my mouth from the little bit of spit that was lying on my lip. I ran a hand through my hair, squinting my eyes since it's a bit blurry right now. I made my way down the hall towards the basement door, slamming it open.

I slowly walked down the stairs, ending up tripping at the last two steps. I stumbled, fall flat on my side. I groaned loudly to only start laughing after.

"The heck?," I heard someone whisper and my head whipped to the side seeing, what was her name?

Cameron?

Candace?

Sally?

Callie! That was her name.

"Callie, hey," I slurred, sitting up so I was sitting criss-cross at the end of the stair case.

"Are you drunk?," she said.

"No," I giggled, rolling my eyes.

I got on all fours, crawling over towards her. Her eyes widened and they filled with tears. She pushed herself farther into the wall as I grew closer. I was up so close that our noses brushed.

She scrunched her nose up when I breathed into her face.

I looked into her eyes before they traveled down her lips. So plump, I could never forget how they tasted on mine. I could never forget about how her body felt against mine, the way she moaned my name. I couldn't forget any of it.

I brought my gaze back up from her lips to her eyes.

"I don't know how to say this but," I began, bringing my face closer to my forehead rested on her forehead.

"I think I've fallen in love with you."