03. | Callie

I rubbed my eyes groggily looking around the room.

Where am I?

Then everything came flooding back and my eyes widened and tears began to fill them. I tried keeping the tears in, trying to remain strong but, I don't think I'll be able to hold them for so long. I have to at least remain strong and show him that I'm stronger than him.

That all changed when I heard the lock turn upstairs and the door creaked open. I knew it was open since light appeared here from the door. The steps creaked as he took a step down the stairs. He soon appeared at the bottom, only clad in sweat pants; being able to see the label on his briefs, Calvin Klein. His chest was bare and you could see all the tattoos that were inked onto his skin.

I looked at his chest as he began to walk towards me, a plate in his hand, he knelt in front of me, placing the plate in front of me; a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Looks like I won't be eating.

"Eat up," he said, beginning to stand up.

"I can't eat that," I whispered, scared of how he will react. He stopped walking, his back tensing as he slowly turned around, his eyes holding a harsh glare at me.

"And why can't you eat this?," he said, his voice strangely calm but I know he was trying to keep his cool.

"I'm allergic to peanut butter," I said, gaining a sudden confidence and I looked up at him, making eye contact with him. His eyes looking so dead, with no life in them. I've been allergic to peanut butter my whole life and it's deadly; we found this out when I was five and my mum gave me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. My throat closed up and my face turned beet red and my face became really puffy.

"Does it look like I care if you're allergic or not," he growled, coming back towards me and kneeling in front of me, his face impossibly close to mine.

"Would you want me die now instead of later," I spat, shocked by the way my voice sounded. I could tell he was shocked as well since his eyes widened, his jaw dropping slightly.

"Wow, feisty one but, I guess you gave a good reason. Guess you won't be eating," he said, picking up the plate, standing up and beginning to walk away.

"I'll still die if you don't feed me; there's this thing called starvation," I sassed, one of my eyebrows quirking up. I have to show him I'm not one of those victims who always stay quiet and cry, not willing to put up a fight. I will, I'll fight for my life if I have to, even if he's attractive; and I hate to admit it.

He looked at me, one of his eyebrows up as he gave me a look almost like he was saying, 'Try me.' I just stared back, trying to challenged him. I know I'm way different than his other victims because I'm actually talking back to him and I don't think he's use to it. I think he's use to the power over them and them fearing him.

I'm not going to lie yes, I do fear him but I'm hiding it so I can survive. If I hide fear it shows I'm not weak. He was quiet for a few, most likely thinking. Finally, he lot out a groan tossing his head back and running a hand through his hair.

"Fine, I'll get you something else," He grumbled, walking back upstairs, slamming the basement door shut after him. Even thought I shouldn't, I smiled, quite proud of myself. I'm not the one to usually talk back to someone and I'm more of a bystander but, I talk back sometimes. But, you rarely saw that.

I heard a grunt from the top of the stairs, my head snapped up to see him walking down the stairs. You know, I never got his name. He probably won't even give it to me. He came in front of me, kneeling down, now placing a ham and cheese sandwich in front of me. He smiled a fake one at me as he stood up. I took the sandwich into my hands, taking a bite out of it.

"How many times am I getting fed a day?," I questioned. If I'm going to be trapped down here, I want some answers because I'm a curious girl. He huffed, "Why do you ask so many things? You're quite annoying," he said, rolling his eyes.

"And I feed you now and later tonight. Then I just leave you in here while I do normal stuff outside," he shrugged and I gaped at him. He seriously just leaves you in here while he does stupid stuff most likely.

"Well do I get a drink?," I asked. He looked at me sideways, a confused look on his face.

"Who says I have to give you a drink?," he said, an eyebrow raising as he looked at me.

"Um you know that thing starvation I told you about. Yeah, there's this thing called thirst as well; it's when a person needs something to drink or they'll become dehydrated which could lead to death," I stated matter-of-fact and he just rolled his eyes.

"You shouldn't be sassing me because I could give you a punishment and I've been told they're horrible from my past victims so, I would watch that annoying mouth you have," he threatened. I instantly closed my mouth, him smirking in triumph that he got me to shut up, finally.

Well, I won't be quiet for too long, I'm quite curious to see what this punishment is but, I also fear it because it is going to hurt and I already know it. Now questions about this punishment began to fill my mind. Like, had all of his victims endured it? Has it killed them before he had the chance to do what he usually do for kill them? I mean it does smell like death in there.

But, I finally built of the courage to ask the question I've been wanting to ask since last night.

"What's your name?," I asked and he froze from his spot on the stairs. He came down, leaning against the pole that was right next to the stairs entrance.

"Luke. Luke Hemmings."